hello hello - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

hello hello

thought i would say hi

i live in Vancouver, B.C. im 19 year old and drive a 2007 Honda Civic Sedan (auto) and just recently started to try to save gas now that gas is $1.20 a liter or $4.54 per US gallon which is just ridiculous i got 23MPG 2 tanks ago and 29MPG on the last tank. The more recent tank was when i actually tried to drive properly with my noob hypermiling skills my next goal is to hit 35MPG!!!

GasSavers_Krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #2

Welcome! I used to live in Blaine & Bellingham, WA - just south of you. You can drop your gas prices by filling up every time you cross the border. Many Canadians get their dollars stretched by installing long-range tanks and taking advantage of the cheap American dollar (now worth LESS than a Looney!). Gas is currently in the $3.50s in Blaine and Bellingham, so you can get in a good drive and make it pay for itself by crossing the border.

Milk is significantly cheaper here by a couple bucks a gallon as well. Every gas station along I-5 will have it cheaper than in Canada, many people will buy their own gas and milk for several friends - a cheap money-making proposition especially if you are young and have several people to buy for.