Hello! I got a great civic - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello! I got a great civic

I think my car can heal itself! I got my 98 Civic LX in 2006 with 106,000 miles on it. It's got just over 146,000 miles now. I had it through college, internship in Chicago, got it stuck in loose dirt at a work site and a bulldozer pulled it out using the tiny little hook under the back bumper!, Spring break trip and now it is taking me to work and grad school -- some 40 plus miles a day. Only one issue, the thermostat went last winter during a week with below zero highs. Hard for the engine to heat up and cost $40 to fix - horrible gas mileage due to the cold engine.

Lately I've notice at the gas station that my car doesn't want to fill up all the way. Anyone might know what may be causing this? Anyone else have this problem with their civic?: Didn't used to be like this. I was able to get 360 miles on the tank no problem but now I can only get about 300 miles. No change in the gas mileage. It's like my gas tank shrunk! Since it is only 11.9 gallons I need it all! WTF!?

BrewCityCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome to the forum!

As for your filling problem, does your Honda have a vent on the tank? On vehicles that have a rubber vent tube, debris (critters) can cause a blockage. This will make it difficult to squeeze in those last couple of gallons.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

Welcome to the forums!

You may have an insect in the vent tube of the gas tank!
rgathright is offline   Reply With Quote