Hello - "Sippin it in a PT Cruiser" - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

Post Hello - "Sippin it in a PT Cruiser"

Hello all!
This is a great and informative site! It is great to see others who aspire to acheive the greatest mileage out of their vehicle! I thought I may have been the only one of our kind - sometimes it appears that way based on the way many people drive out here in CA.
I sip gas to save money as well as wear and tear on my vehicle. Saves brakes, tires, transmissions, and hopefully will add some useful miles to my PT's life. Also saves on speeding tickets too - unless you coast down that hill just a little too fast!
I would like to see what some of the other PT owners in the forum are doing to improve mileage as well. As you can see from my garage entry, I don't have many mods to my PT - mostly stock, but it seems to get pretty fair mileage with a little effort. I run a bottle of injector cleaner every other tank or so to keep atomization up, I keep tires inflated and air filter clean. Thats it for now.
In my short time here, I have already learned some new tricks to improve FE. Keep up the good work.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome to the site. You have a nice vehicle and very impressive mileage so far (expecially without a ScanGauge!). Is your PT a manual transmission?

Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
Supporting Member

Hi EHRGEIZ -

I think you are the first PT Cruiser, but depending on your model, you may have some drivetrain components in common with Dodge Neon's right? I know there is at least one Neon here.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Hi EHRGEIZ -

I think you are the first PT Cruiser, but depending on your model, you may have some drivetrain components in common with Dodge Neon's right? I know there is at least one Neon here.

CarloSW2
there have actually been two PT Cruisers on this site before... but I don't think they've been here for over a year.

Welcome EHRGEIZ!
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
Registered Member

Welcome and have fun.

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
ELF
Registered Member

Welcome EHRGEIZ, is your PT a manual or auto? Your doing pretty darn good mpg wise. I know some people with PT's they average in the low 20's and only about 25/26 on the hwy.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Registered Member

Thankfully, the PT is a manual five speed. It coasts pretty well and there are a few good coasting hills on my way to and from work... the speed limit is 50mph and 55 on most other roads around where I drive. I think I have the terrain figured out at least where I normally drive. If I were to do all highway I think I would get around 27-28 or so...

She treats me pretty well.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
Registered Member

Awesome stuff! Do you think you might start to do some minor modifications any time soon to the PT? You could be an uber-hypermiler in no time!

Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote