Hey all, I'm new here! - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6
Country: United States
Smile Hey all, I'm new here!

Hey guys, I just joined up today. Originally I was just looking for an online place to keep track of my fuel economy. This place seems like more fun. I drive a 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R, the gas mileage is pretty low but I have been trying to be easy enough on the petal to save a bit here and there. I'm not 100% sure of the EPA values but I read once it was 17MPG city and 34MPG highway. I just logged my first tank at 17.51MPG. I'll see if I can do better with the next one.

__________________

__________________
GasSavers_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Nice car.

Are you living in 日本 by any chance?

Welcome to the site! My first bit of advice would be to pick up a beater,
__________________

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6
Country: United States
Naw I'm up in Canada. Just looking for where to fill in my location avatar etc.. I do have a beater, a 1994 Chrysler Intrepid. Haven’t added to my garage yet. I drive it in the winter and when the Skyline is not practical.

__________________
GasSavers_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Hmm, well, as long as you have a beater already, I'd look into getting an old crx hf, civic cx, saturn, etc so you can pump out 50+ mpg numbers when you wanna,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
 
1993CivicVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,066
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Hmm, well, as long as you have a beater already, I'd look into getting an old crx hf, civic cx, saturn, etc so you can pump out 50+ mpg numbers when you wanna,
What's with all the Saturns... they aren't particularly efficient cars.... I find it really odd no one on here has the Civic HX or recommends it. Gets better mileage than a Saturn and probably faster car. Toyota Corollas are also pretty good on gas.
__________________
three stripes the charm!

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.



Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
 
UfoTofU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 330
Country: United States
You gotta post pics of the Skyline!

If it were me and I had a Skyline I definitely wouldn't try to hypermile it. I'd drive it the way they meant for it to be driven.

I'd work on the number son the Intrepid and save the miles on the Skyline.
__________________
- UfoTofU

UfoTofU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
*shrug*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,195
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
What's with all the Saturns... they aren't particularly efficient cars.... I find it really odd no one on here has the Civic HX or recommends it. Gets better mileage than a Saturn and probably faster car. Toyota Corollas are also pretty good on gas.
People get good mileage out of them, they're cheap, and I can't argue with that. I think the HX is much more expensive than it's worth. *shrug*
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #8
Supporting Member
 
lovemysan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 595
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
What's with all the Saturns... they aren't particularly efficient cars.... I find it really odd no one on here has the Civic HX or recommends it. Gets better mileage than a Saturn and probably faster car. Toyota Corollas are also pretty good on gas.

Careful there. There are plently of normal people who get good mileage(40mpg) out of there cheap plastic saturns. Saturns are dependable and inexpensive to work on. There are no valve adjustments or timing belts to change. Every car has its quirks I venture to say that cost of ownership is equal between the civic and s-series. My car sold new for $12.2k the PO averaged 34-36mpg all city and kept impeccable records. As for faster hah!. I ran a 10.75 in the eighth mile running my HAI and a half tank of fuel. By my research the only the early HX's could come close. Remember its 2350lbs & 100hp verses 2750lbs and 115hp.
__________________
02 Saturn SL
5 speed
for pics click the link below

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoTofU View Post
You gotta post pics of the Skyline!

If it were me and I had a Skyline I definitely wouldn't try to hypermile it. I'd drive it the way they meant for it to be driven.

I'd work on the number son the Intrepid and save the miles on the Skyline.
Pics are in the garage http://www.gassavers.org/garage/view/901

Not planning on hypermileing it. Just tracking the gas milage. I suppose mostly to keep me from speeding
__________________
GasSavers_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
 
bowtieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,873
Country: United States
Location: orlando, florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
Careful there. There are plently of normal people who get good mileage(40mpg) out of there cheap plastic saturns. Saturns are dependable and inexpensive to work on. There are no valve adjustments or timing belts to change. Every car has its quirks I venture to say that cost of ownership is equal between the civic and s-series. My car sold new for $12.2k the PO averaged 34-36mpg all city and kept impeccable records. As for faster hah!. I ran a 10.75 in the eighth mile running my HAI and a half tank of fuel. By my research the only the early HX's could come close. Remember its 2350lbs & 100hp verses 2750lbs and 115hp.
Joker, welcome and best FE to you!

Lovemysan, THANK YOU for defending a domestic auto!!!
__________________

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Sentra EPA & dashboard readout vs. actual gas mileage smithfam7 General Fuel Topics 8 08-17-2013 07:28 AM
How does the Gaslog work? Bill in Houston General Fuel Topics 4 04-05-2007 01:10 PM
Introducing DMC Compaq888 General Discussion (Off-Topic) 26 08-07-2006 12:13 AM
Hydrogen Generator! SVOboy General Fuel Topics 208 08-06-2006 03:59 PM
Most users online - what happened last month? MetroMPG General Discussion (Off-Topic) 6 07-06-2006 11:27 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.