Hey everyone! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #11
*shrug*

What kinda improvement did

What kinda improvement did you see from the h2, how'd it affect the engine structure and all that? You'll get hounded here about that from now on, I swear it.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #12
Registered Member

Hounded.....hmmmmm...With

Hounded.....hmmmmm...

With inquisitions? or....for even mentioning it?!? LoL

I know some people dont agree with it, and can't understand it, because mathematically it doesn't make sense. But not everything is about just math on paper.

I have some very good sites that explain why it does work, etc

Excuse my terrible documentation and accuracy...

When I tried it, it was almost 2 years ago. Again, I was not quite into mpg calcs yet, but just into the booster. I didn't have any exact numbers, which I do regret now, but I do have concrete proof for myself. In my older sprint I never got more than about 520 km per tank. I usually got just "up to" 500, and rarely if I ran it real dry I would get about 520. Well, the first only long test I did with the booster, I did get over 600 km on the tank. Now, as I said I never saw a number anywhere near there. (I know...just admitting to this will probably start me off bad here...prove it, etc...blahblah) But, for myself this is proof enough. Again, I am making one to test further and verify my mileage (because quite honestly I don't understand or believe it myself). So we'll see. I'll verify myself. But personally, 25% or so (slightly less) seems way too much.

*please don't be too mean to me, people* *cringes*

;-)

Anyway, hope to share more later!

Edit: Sorry...as for how did it affect the engine...Well, as I said it wasn't on long enough to do any investigation. However, if you use the right materials, etc it doesn't have any output except H and O - no chemicals, or anything. And those are fine because they're in such small amounts that it just assists in proper combustion, not fully run on it by any means.

pertyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #13
*shrug*

I actually meant hounded in

I actually meant hounded in the sense of tell us exactly what you did. This seems like a big thing for a lot of people if it can be DIY'd and works.

No worries from me, at least.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #14
Driving on E

It would be cool if you can

It would be cool if you can post your experience and your current Hydrogen plans in the hydrogen-injection forum. It still seems to be a cool idea, assuming it actually works.

From the sounds of it you had a working unit. Why did you remove it if it worked?

I've found that this place is great because it isn't all about cars. It's about finding people that have the same interests as you. I havn't made a modification on my car in a while now, but at least I can read about other people's modifications and I can converse with people who think like me. After all, that's what a "community" is, isn't it?

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #15
Registered Member

Ahhh, I see....Well, it

Ahhh, I see....

Well, it definitely is a DIY. It's so simple. The hard part is making an efficient unit. There's a lot of specs and tolerances to consider in design. As I said, I have one in the works currently, which is going to be very efficient, and also a DIY thing requiring no special tools. But I would like to test it before documenting in detail and showing how to do it. If it doesn't work, I don't want to waste people's time. If it does work, I will gladly share both the project and the accurate mpg changes, etc.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #16
Registered Member

Ahhh, I see....Well, it

The reason I remove it was because it was of poor construction, and I couldn't get the electrodes to stay in there. They kept getting eaten away, and it was more of a problem than anything else. (also, winter came and I never put it in the next season).

Sorry, one other thing I tried was a PCV jar. Anyone hear of it?

I based it on the one in production (forget the name right now). But Again, I did it too close to winter. I didn't have time to look after it. It ended up filling up, and freezing. Because there was no place for the PCV pressures to go, it blew out my cam seal. I had to push it back in with a couple knives. It did last for the rest of the car like that, and again I never got that unit back on. It is sitting in my basement, however

« Hey there | HI! »