hey new to this gas saving. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Monte_carloSS_kid
hey new to this gas saving.

Hey I am a 19 year old college student attending Cleary University majoring in Computer Information Systems. I have always loved cars. My first auto was a 1998 Chevy 1 ton dually pickup with a 454 (8MPG). The only gas saving technique that I have tried and did quite well with was trading that truck for a 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. I wondered upon this site and was hoping to learn a thing or two about different fuel savers. I work at Autozone which means a discount on parts (yipee). I was hoping to find someone who has had luck with a monte. I would like to see more toward 23 or higher (ofcourse) city. The 3.8L v-6 is already a great motor.

P.s. It is NOT supercharged!!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
Registered Member

need best strategy for testing ne gas saver

Hi guys! I am a Canadian currently living and working in China and involve in sourcing of auto components from Taiwan and China. I recently came across of new fuel saving device based on ultra capacitor.I am always very skeptical about such things and have seen many of so called "latest and innovative" devices but as my knowledge non of them really worked.
But this saver grab my attention since it came from trusted scientific lab in Taiwan and it was introduced by good friend.
So I decided to have a closer look and check it out by myself and on my car first.But it was hard to measure fuel saving in city traffic so I decided do test at independent lab in Guangzhou on 2,5L Buick with 32K mileage.When I got my test report it was shown saving fuel around 15,35% and emission cut HC:-25%,CO:-36%,NO:-5%.So not bad result at all!!!
I understand I need more testing should done by well known agencies and labs but it costly and my finance sources are limited.Does anybody know how much cost similar testing in US by EPA for example.
I need you critics, advices and suggestion how I can start promote this device or may be I just should dump this idea after your positive critics.

GasSavers_Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Well, I'll give you this...you are persistant.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:22 AM   #4
Registered Member

The last 3.8 I drove, the trick in the city was to just breathe in the general direction of the gas pedal occasionally, maybe actually blow hard at it if you wanted to catch a gap.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote