Hey Yall - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #11
Registered Member

Aerodynamic enhancements are your friend.

Welcome.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELF View Post
I have to say you are insane Really thats around 65k per year, if you buy a new car its shot in about 3 years
three years? What do you do to your car? I'd expect to see 250K+ out of any modern car. When you are put on so many miles with very few cold starts, warmup, etc I'd expect to see more like five years.

Ultramac, I'm assuming your average speed is in the 50-60mph range to make a commute like that before you have to turn around and go home, so definately work the aero! I've brought my mileage up from mid 27 to mid 29 on my highway commute just with a grille block, rear fender skirts and covering the huge gap under the rear bumper.
Inflating the tires to the max listed on the sidewall will help out mileage as will running narrower and/or low rolling resistance tires.

Fill out an entry over in the garage so we can take a look at where you are right now and figure out the best way to improve.

GasSavers_BluEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #13
ELF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEyes View Post
three years? What do you do to your car? I'd expect to see 250K+ out of any modern car. When you are put on so many miles with very few cold starts, warmup, etc I'd expect to see more like five yea.
Well.... 3 years = 195k just for work 5days a week, plus any other miles driven on weekends = well over 200k.
True most cars that are taken care of will easily top 200k, but things start falling apart, suspension parts, alt. water pmp, sometimes tranny., gets to be expensive to fix and resale is down the tubes with over 200k miles.