Hi Folks : ) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #1

Hi Folks : )

Just found this site/ blog, and really excited to scan through to see what's here. Like everyone else, I'm interested to get better milage. I've tried a few things over the last 3 years to see what worked for me and what didn't. I've promised myself to investigate hydrogen as a possibility. I was given Stanley Meyers patents a few years ago. His technique was amazing and seemed to work well, though a bit complicated.

I'm hoping to learn as much as there is to break away from these high fuel costs. If anyone is interested in my results so far I'm open to discuss what I've done.

Our only vehicle is a 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500 (4X4). It only delivered about 9mpg when we bought it. I've successfully improved that to 15mpg in the city. Last trip across the US between Florida and Texas we logged 19mpg. Speed and the flat terrain was partially responsible. Still, it was great to see those figures : ) I can only wonder how much better it might be with hydrogen added to this equation. Now to find out the best way.

Best wishes to you all
Jerry Wills

Xpeditions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
Registered Member

hi and welcome nice to see you get 19mpg out of that car hopefully you can improve it here. maybe a second car for cheaper gas?

RedAccord02 is offline   Reply With Quote