Hi from Lima, OH - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi from Lima, OH

My name is Tom. I am currently a student at Univ. of Northwestern Ohio. I am in the automotive/ high performance program. I have really become interested in the fuel economy tricks that I have been reading about over the internet. My favorite would have to be vapor carburetor systems. I really believe that this system is truly the best system and I hate that it has been developed multiple times and that still nothing has really been mass produced in a factory level. Even more so that this design has been around since the late 1920's. I am a big hot rod/muscle car fan and really want to try this type of system out on a old muscle car. If any one has, let me know how it worked out for you.

mcv80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Welcome to the forum. You might be interested in this thread from last year: http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=8613

Old 03-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the link. Thats a pretty cool thread and I am thinking I might try that later on in life. So your from Glocester I see. Thats great I am from East Providence. Just going to college out here in Ohio. Glad to see a fellow Rhode Islander.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
What kind of car do you drive?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Registered Member

Right now I drive a 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T with a 3.0l v6. My fuel mileage is 17-20 in the city and around 28-30 on the highway.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #6
Registered Member

Interesting. I didn't know they made a R/T version of the Stratus, or even a V6. That's decent mileage for that setup.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
Registered Member

Yeah I was very surprised when I did the math out and got those numbers. Very happy with the car.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to JohnNeiferd
Welcome to GasSavers. I'm from Van Wert, but go to Rhodes State College in Lima. It's nice to see someone from my area getting interested in the site. Being in the high-performance field at Northwestern you'll have a lot of tools at your disposal to test out any modifications you might be interested in. I'm sure you'll learn a few tricks there you can bring to the site. Once again, welcome and I hope you find a few tips and tricks on the site you can put to use.

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro
JohnNeiferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #9
Registered Member

Yeah me to, glad to here from someone in the area. I hope I can figure out this vapor system and really get the setup working well. Crossing my fingers.
Tom
Old 03-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
Site Team

I've actually looked into a propane conversion for my car too, also because it is more of a vapor than a liquid. It didn't pan out, though.

Welcome to the forum!

-Bob C.