Hi, Honda Fit - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #11
Registered Member

"Yea, it took me some time to get use to the center gages...but the savings in $$ and not needing the more room of the Fit made me get the Yaris...as for quality, durability, either are great. For me it's just a get to work car...although these days I bike it in more often then not."
You have not purchased gas since 4/1, you must be using the bike alot?
I prefer the center guage in my Yaris hatchback. Most of my mileage is also getting to and from work. A great car for mileage.

GasSavers_roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
my dad wont by my mom a yaris because it has only 4 stars
I believe if you get the optional air bag and abs package, the Yaris also becomes "five star" safety.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
are you sure about that? what is the quickest factory fits 0-60 and the quickest factory yaris 0-60?

also what are the respective quarter mile times?
One of the major Automotive magazines had a shoot out between the Fit, Yaris, and the Versa, and the Yaris had the best acceleration, MPG, and 1/4 mile. None of these cars are race cars, so they all were slow. I wish I could remember the magazine name, but if you sniff around on the internet you'll find it. Also, the Yaris was the cheapest for comparible features. The Versa was the biggest in regard to space, but got the worse MPG.
MorningGaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:32 AM   #14
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to OdieTurbo
Welcome jkandell! I found that most of the recent honda's seem to suffer from high RPM's at highway speeds. That damn VTEC is useless for economy. Anyway, welcome and enjoy! I've greatly enjoyed the company and info here!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #15
Supporting Member

Matt -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
The Fit definitely has lots of room, which is one of the reasons we love it. It's very versatile and is the perfect "family" vehicle.

Still wish it had better FE.
I think that's a big reason why it's Honda's #1 world bestseller. Biggest utility for the buck.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
Supporting Member

pyramid_head -

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid_head View Post
true. i wish it had more gas mileage, but it gets more than my 06 Matrix. the Matrix is too heavy for that 1.8L engine (2800 lbs curb), and that's one of the reasons why i can't get decent mpg. when i have 5 people in my car, you can hear the engine struggling even at 55 mph i really wish i had bought a Fit or a lighter car.
Sorry to hear that. I keep wanting to pull the trigger on a Pontiac Vibe (same drivetrain), but I keep hearing bad stuff about the MPG.

CarloSW2

Old 05-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #17
Supporting Member

jkandell -

Welcome to GasSavers! You'r Fit will ... be the "proper size and shape" for this forum (http://www.answers.com/topic/fit).

CarloSW2

Old 05-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #18
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGaser View Post
One of the major Automotive magazines had a shoot out between the Fit, Yaris, and the Versa, and the Yaris had the best acceleration, MPG, and 1/4 mile. None of these cars are race cars, so they all were slow. I wish I could remember the magazine name, but if you sniff around on the internet you'll find it. Also, the Yaris was the cheapest for comparible features. The Versa was the biggest in regard to space, but got the worse MPG.
i did spend about 20-30min on google and i found nothing that said the yaris was faster if the fit had a manual transmission so naturally i would like to see the source of this information. sure they are not race cars, but you can race street cars. there is a class for all of these cars: h stock.

if you are going to compare the fit to the yaris doing in the appropriate thread. not in the thread where we have a new member introducing himself as a fit driver.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:45 AM   #19
kps
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGaser View Post
You may be thinking of the May 2006 Car and Driver article (link is a pdf from Honda). The Fit had the best 0-30, 0-60, and ? mile time; the Yaris had the best rolling 5-60 time and the highest ? mile final speed, as well as the best mileage, by 1mpg in the C&D test. The Versa does have the biggest cargo area, but it's not flat, and the hatch is narrow.
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #20
Registered Member

I wonder if I've seen you driving around, I always get a little jealous when I see a Fit here in town. It doesn't seem like there are too many here in Tucson. I really wanted to get one, but I was able to get a much better deal on a Yaris. These small cars are great for Tucson driving, I only go on the freeway once every few months when I take a trip to Phoenix, other than that it's all city driving so a small car with great mileage is great to have.