Hi to everyone, from Chevy Aveo Owner - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
Registered Member

power steering

Well, making turings isn't to bad, so I'm pretty sure its at least got power steering. So I've been looking at the scanguage II, 164.95, are you sure its worth it? Would be nice to check it mods help.

tvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:56 PM   #12
*shrug*

I think it's 130 some

I think it's 130 some places, shop around, I've been meaning to bug matt about selling them through the site...

I paid 160 for my superMID gauge from japan, so I'd say it's worth it,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #13
Registered Member

Welcome tvent

Welcome tvent. I'm glad you're here -- actually it's perfectly timed. I review rental cars in this tread: http://www.gassavers.org/forum_topic..._analysis.html and had some inconclusive MPG results on the Aveo. Keep us posted on your progress. The "Gaslog" is a great way to track your progress. Let us know what you think about it so far, odometer reading, etc.

kickflipjr: I think you'll enjoy the ride. My half-brother bought the 5-door new as his Dad has worked for GM for 35+ years and got mega-discounts. He drives quite a few miles per day commuting and claims good mileage (I don't have a number). If you do Interstate driving, you'll have to work at keeping it in the lane with the soft suspension and crosswinds. Otherwise, I'd drive one for a company car if I had to (and really wouldn't complain about it). The old Cavalier was horrid -- my old neighbor had one as a company car. I'd kill myself.

edit: tvent - if you're serious about improving your economy, the ScanGauge is the best investment you could buy. I would hang around a while, see if you continue with the fuel economy interest, and look for a good deal on one. It changed my FE by at least +5 so I can adapt my driving style. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #14
Driving on E

Re: I think it's 130 some

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I've been meaning to bug matt about selling them through the site...
Soon. Hopefully we can work something out with yoshi as well and make this the official distributor of the SuperMID.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:34 PM   #15
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
wow im kinda disappointed in

wow im kinda disappointed in the aveo... i thought it would do better.

i think aero mods are always the best first step
Old 05-16-2006, 05:34 AM   #16
Registered Member

Welcome tvent. Can we

Welcome tvent. Can we consider you part of the Metro club? Your Aveo is the next chapter in the Swift clone lineup...although that's the only thing it shares with my car...
Old 05-16-2006, 07:55 AM   #17
Registered Member

Aveo is made by GM Daewoo in

Aveo is made by GM Daewoo in Korea. And like most Korean cars they are cheap and get less than desirable MPG compared to other cars in its class.
mikefxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #18
Registered Member

gas log posted

I just posted all of my numbers for every tank of gas in my Aveo sice it was new. The only thig is, I did not record the dates, so I made those up. I always fill the tank up and record the mileage. I drove the car from the midwest to the east coast, when it got the best mileage. I do mostly city driving and very short trips.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #19
Registered Member

Well, you average is right

Well, your average is right on the money for the EPA city number...geez, only 27 mpg from a little car though. Looks like Chevy/Suzuki/Daewoo really did cheap out on the fuel eco.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:17 PM   #20
Registered Member

that's why i'm here

I'm here b/c I want to make the mileage better. Seems like people are talking alot about tire pressure. I check mine, and got it at 32psi all around, guess I could put it up to 35 or max? Got to read up on exactly what a hot air intake is and what to try first.