Hi to everyone, from Chevy Aveo Owner - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #31
Supporting Member

tvent -

Welcome to GS! Your manual transmission will help you alot. If there are still things you can do to change your driving style, that will be the place to start. Right now you have the opportunity to establish a baseline of your car's MPG with driving mods only. Maybe just do the tire PSI for now because it's basically free. While you are doing that, you can study all the mods on this site and pick and choose the ones you want to do.

In terms of the ScanGauge, you can also look on ebay. If you don't mind clunky aesthetics and are patient, you can probably get a ScanGauge I for less money.

ScanGauge I Compared to ScanGauge II
http://www.pureenergysystems.com/sto...uge/vI_vII.htm

katman -

Quote:
Originally Posted by katman View Post
I would recommend switching all fluids to synthetics. More power, getter drivability especially in the cold, longer coasts, longer life of your car, cheaper since they last longer, better for the ecology.
That sounds like a good idea, especially since tvent has a young car. My car has used dino-oil almost all it's life, so I don't want to change it now.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #32
Supporting Member

MetroMPG -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Hi wigs, welcome to the site.

I hear you about it being thirsty. In Canada, the Aveo has the worst fuel economy in the available B-car segment, according to government ratings.

People often say, "well it's a Daewoo", what do you expect? But GM and its partners have owned 67% of Daewoo since 2001, so you'd think they would have decided to try a little harder by now...
Yeah, I have heard that too. The word is that the engine design is not as advanced as the competition. I am crossing my fingers that tvent can find MPG tweaks to the Aveo that we don't know about yet.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
tvent -

Welcome to GS! just do the tire PSI for now because it's basically free. In terms of the ScanGauge, you can also look on ebay. If you don't mind clunky aesthetics and are patient, you can probably get a ScanGauge I for less money.

That sounds like a good idea, especially since tvent has a young car. My car has used dino-oil almost all it's life, so I don't want to change it now.

CarloSW2
Welcome to GasSavers tvent! Like most here I really believe the ScanGauge to be really handy for seeing in realtime what your driving is achieving . Wouldn't worry about doing a bunch of mechanical mods - just good routine maintainance is all that is needed . I see no reason that 40's can't be had with an Aveo - keep working at it !

Synthetic oil and high miles ? I really try to stay gimmick free - but so many people have had great success switching from dino to syn using Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic that I feel pretty good giving it a recommendation . Seems that it does keep the seals from leaking ...as advertised !??Worth a try .
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #34
Supporting Member

well you say short trips but how short are they because you could prolly bike or walk.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #35
Registered Member

Welcome and all the best in your quest. One thing no one has mentioned (no offense) your car is FATTTT!!!!!! People are demanding better performance with creature comforts and saftey. I believe P/S is standard on your car. So coasting could be a problem experiment in a safe spot. If you just transport yourself, try and loss some weight.Back seats, experiment with pass out, spare, and jack. Can of fix a flat is very lite. Your car weighs about 800lbs more than a Metro and a diet could only help. Mass= poor FE. Your engine is tuned pretty close to the best mileage you'll get. Slow down if you drive 70 try 60! This car is offered with a 1.2 elsewere but not here. Poor marketing to my mind. All the best. People are very helpfull here. Enjoy
minic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #36
Registered Member

Tvent,
I've only had my Scangauge for a week now but I highly recommend it if your really serious about getting the most out of your car. I can see that my scangauge is going to pay for itself in less than a year.

Still for a Scangauge to do any good you have to make changes in the way you drive. Before the Scangauge no matter how hard I tried I have never broke the 24mpg barrier on my 4 Runner, always 23.xx mpg... Initially the scangauge daily trip averages were 23-24mpg so the numbers look believable compared to what I have been getting for years. Now the last three trips I made today the scangauge trip mpg indicator was 26.5-27.3mpg!