Hummer H2 - How Can I Get Better MPG & Reduce Emissions? - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #41
Registered Member

lol speaking of hummers i found this hilarious

oof almost forgot it does show the "A" word so if ya got kids around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxoomyFs_0

i did not make this or anyhting. sorry it it offends anyone but it is the truth..

and that very last part about glad the kids were ok was a woman with her kids in the car saw that hummer ad they had a while back where it jumps the statue, and yea this retard accualy tried it...and failed miserably. but oh well one less on the road...

but if you really want to try and still get low mpg: tires, driving (biggest), and keeping it maintained...and aeromods but since you got it for looks youll prolly want the mods to look good and to make things look good takes alot of time...

Old 06-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #42
Registered Member

Also get a feel for when the torque converter is locked and unlocked, and do whatever you can to make sure it's locked as much as possible.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
Hwat the poin?
I'm thinking that H2 owners can either:
1-try to save gas
OR
2-NOT try to save gas

So if I get to choose, I'll choose for them to try to save gas. I mean, even if he sells it, it's not going to go to scrap. Someone else is going to buy it, and drive it. So it might as well be in the hands of someone who cares...
Old 06-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #44
Registered Member

Well, yeah.

If HummerH2 takes a look at his true cost of operation, it seems like it could be pretty easy to get to the conclusion that it makes more sense to buy something different than to drive the H2. But, I guess it's not about dollars. Anyway, I'm glad he's thinking about it all.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:08 PM   #45
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete86 View Post
I'll never understand the people who work 80 hours a week to buy more shiny new things. I feel sorry for them because their life must be very empty for them to need to fill it with an obscene amount of work and material goods.
Thats exactly how I feel too. I would rather work less and have slightly less new things (lots of people waste there money so bad).

Frugality and wise money use is always a favorite topic of mine.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #46
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
the OEM tires have a max presure of 50psi (acording to tirerack.com) If you go above the max side wall presure then you are taking a risk of tire damage, a risk that many people including my self have taken, but really we shouldn't recomend others to take such risks, so please don't.
when I was checking tire presure, I noticed that the only highway tires in that size seem to be Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051, so I started reading reviews of them and noticed that almost everyone noted that they were quiter, and offered a smoother ride then the OEM tires, they also seem to offer better wet traction, better cornering, better steering responce and are lighter weight by 6 pounds each! or 24 pounds of total unsprung weight, and unsprung weight really makes a differince in mileage, handling, and suspension life, so in the long run you will save money in mulitple ways.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:43 AM   #47
Registered Member

You'll be a lot better off with higher tire pressure. If you were to keep a gas log, on a graph, gas mileage will jump up, like it did for my Blazer. Its going to handle more skittish the faster you go, you will have to make more steering corrections, but your truck is a lot heavier, so it will press more rubber on the ground, compared to other vehicles, at the same TP. That is why 3/4 ton, and 1 ton trucks and SUVs specify higher load rating (and PSI) tires.

I have the tires up to 50 on my Blazer and it handles fine, as long as i stay under 50 MPH, but on the freeway, it is another story! Lighter compared to yours, and has loose steering, and cheap tires.

You should test it to make sure it it still has enough traction to stop. I know both my vehicles are capable of "panic" stops in wet weather. Not all the tires I have ridden on have. Also, just remember you defiantly need the tire pressure to be lower in ice or snow!

Oh, and one thing you can do is take off the roof rack. SOMEWHERE on the internet someone did a before and after mileage comparison on that. Maybe someone here knows the web page to that. It is surprisingly significant.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 AM   #48
Registered Member

I to am an owner of a Hummer(H3) and i am getting about 17.
5 MPG which is not bad. It sure is a lot better than the 13.3 i was getting in my 2003 suburban. I feel if you can afford the H2 you shoud not have to worry about the POG no matter how hi the POG is. It suprises me that the dealer has no diesel for the H2 or H3 this would help the milage on an H2 tremendously. The Military has them in there H1.why not put it in there H2,and H3's.

Bodysnatcher
Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 AM   #49
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0dysnatcher View Post
I to am an owner of a Hummer(H3) and i am getting about 17.
5 MPG which is not bad. It sure is a lot better than the 13.3 i was getting in my 2003 suburban. I feel if you can afford the H2 you shoud not have to worry about the POG no matter how hi the POG is. It suprises me that the dealer has no diesel for the H2 or H3 this would help the milage on an H2 tremendously. The Military has them in there H1.why not put it in there H2,and H3's.

Bodysnatcher
What's POG?
Welcome to the site.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #50
Registered Member

Price Of Gas?
Pile Of Goo?
Piece of Grass?
Portent OF Gloom?