...just bought a VX - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #31
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
Dan, is your car lowered? It looks that way in your pic.
__________________

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #32
Registered Member
 
Danronian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 652
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by smccall View Post
Dan, is your car lowered? It looks that way in your pic.
Yup it is. It's on some old-school Maxspeed adjustable coilovers and AGX struts. Rides great and somewhat stiff and is around 3.25 inches lower than stock.
__________________

__________________


On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:32 AM   #33
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
maxspeed hmmmm... I'm about to replace my entire suspension and was looking at my choices of parts to go with. I was thinking with going Skunk2 coilovers with Dropzone struts because I had that set on my Integra and it rode great. I just dont want to spend as much as I did before.
smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:04 AM   #34
Registered Member
 
Danronian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 652
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by smccall View Post
maxspeed hmmmm... I'm about to replace my entire suspension and was looking at my choices of parts to go with. I was thinking with going Skunk2 coilovers with Dropzone struts because I had that set on my Integra and it rode great. I just dont want to spend as much as I did before.
I'm pretty sure maxspeeds aren't around anymore though, at least the coilovers I have. I had Dropzone coilovers a while back, and I liked them. I'm not sure about how long the Dropzone struts will last though. My one friend had them blow-out on his car, and I just saw a car int he junkyard with most of them blown. Skunk2 just came out with a high performance strut which you can find for only $250 a set. Amazing deal compared to other struts with the same features. I've heard they ride nice, and the look to be built pretty well.
__________________


On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #35
Registered Member
 
panamacolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 212
Country: United States
Danronian,

Does the front lip hit/rub when parking...say on a curb or parking spot divider?

Thanks and your car looks great!
__________________
panamacolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
 
smccall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 274
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danronian View Post
I'm pretty sure maxspeeds aren't around anymore though, at least the coilovers I have. I had Dropzone coilovers a while back, and I liked them. I'm not sure about how long the Dropzone struts will last though. My one friend had them blow-out on his car, and I just saw a car int he junkyard with most of them blown. Skunk2 just came out with a high performance strut which you can find for only $250 a set. Amazing deal compared to other struts with the same features. I've heard they ride nice, and the look to be built pretty well.
Yeah I might just go with with Skunk2 for the struts and coilovers. Actually I might just go cheaper and get the Skunk2 struts and lowering springs. i dont plan on changing heights of the drop and they are considerably cheaper than the coilovers.
__________________

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
partial fuel up... pbfoot Fuelly Web Support and Community News 6 12-29-2013 11:54 PM
WTB: VX Parts Wandering Albatross Wanted to Buy 3 07-30-2007 07:15 PM
Hello All GasSavers_MikeD Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome 3 07-23-2007 11:34 PM
Drafting 18-wheelers....revisited Brian D. Hypermiling 26 05-22-2007 02:51 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.