litres purchased in Euros - priced per litre - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question litres purchased in Euros - priced per litre

Hi. I'm totally new here and have just spent about half an hour trying to put in a 'fuel up'.

Firstly I should explain I live on the border in Northern Ireland. It is common here for motorist to go across the border in the Irish Republic to top up fuel because in UK there is a 10p per L tax.

So here's the thing. Over here the price of fuel is per Litre not gallons.

To fill out the form here I have to covert the litres to gallons then work out the price per gallon and fill that in.

No problems there but it's all very awkward. Wish I could just keep all the currency in Euros and the cost PER LITRE and add the miles done and that would be it.

As it is the result coming back still shows only 26.34 Litres (when in fact the receipt itsels shows I bought 31.65L
Also it shows the price in GB Pounds per liter as UK£1.36 - again wrong but then it would be wrong as it worked out the amount of litres I bought as less.

Perhaps I've made some error in the calculations but this would be a whole lot easier if I could just copy from the receipt the cost per Litre (pref in Euros) - how many Litres I bought, how many miles I've traveled, and let the Fuelly engine work out the gallons stuff. - after all I will always be buying my petrol with Euros anyway any future comparisons with UK price I will simply have to calculate back into Euros.

I am more interested in the Miles Per Gallon figure - which is why I came here to begin with. And I would like to see miles per litre shown alongside it also in a Log or report.

I was just about to give up and leave altogether and then I thought I'll just post it on the forum and give that a shot before I leave.

One other thing. Yes I've changed the UNITS view to different settings but that does not effect how you ENTER a Fuel Up - it still says it wants price per gallon etc.

Also on my profile I have IRELAND as address and ticked the box that says use Currency of this country - but I'm still seeing POUNDS as the currency on my car log.

Screenshots and pic of receipt attached of
My receipt for the purchase.
My entry for the purchase
The subsequent Log returned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuelly.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	2396   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuelly0.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	2397   Click image for larger version

Name:	fuelly1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	2398  

Beevot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome. I input my fuel in price per litre and number of litres purchased. I have Settings set for UK(litres, miles, UK MPG). This allows me to enter current odometer reading in miles, cost per litre and either total cost or total litres.
You could do the same. However, if you put the price/litre in Euros the cost would be in Euros but with a £ sign. As long as the price per litre and total price is in the same currency, the numbers work.
Here is my Add A Fuel Up page.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

As above, you should be able set your preferences in the settings. If you can't find what you're after, trying clicking EDIT VEHICLE too, as you may be able to change some settings there too. Remember to click save settings when you're done too.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks JackoT and Draigflag. Thing is I tried changing to "UK(litres, miles, UK MPG)" and it just changes the RESULT display not the input. I only get cost/gallons showing on the form. The only thing I can think is to delete the 'fuel up' I made, go in to my profile and change the default display to "UK(litres, miles, UK MPG)" and then start again. Maybe THEN the input form will show the correct Cost/Litre

Thanks for your help. I'll try that
Old 07-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #5
Registered Member

Nope - it still says Cost per gallon.

It is also showing a union jack flag for UK on my profile but I have put in IRELAND as my country. I think there's something wrong. Is there an admin area to ask for support. I can't seem to get the input form to show cost per litre and my country is showing wrong
Old 07-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #6
Registered Member

There is a "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

If you set "Add Vehicle" it gives you the option of Gallons (US) or Litres. You may have to set up a new vehicle and delete the first one.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
Registered Member

Did you try EDIT VEHICLE too? You may need to change it to "track fuel in litres" as it may be set to "track fuel in gallons"

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:59 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Did you try EDIT VEHICLE too? You may need to change it to "track fuel in litres" as it may be set to "track fuel in gallons"
Yes, Edit vehicle gives you that same page and option.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:03 AM   #9
Registered Member

Thanks guys. Success at last. Yes the problem lay in the VEHICLE details (not intuitive really - I would have thought my country and preferences for units would span across any vehicle - anyway). I edited the vehicle and in there it had UK listed and Gallons. Problem solved.

Also I note that the figures go funny if you put in the price per litre AND the full amount of Paid - I need to fill in either/or. (If I was designing the form I think if an entry is made in the first I would disable entry in the second - a little hint on hover would be nice too)

Thanks for all your help. Now that it's easier I'll be more inclined to come back and fill it in each time.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:05 AM   #10
Registered Member

I had about 10 goes until I got a set up I was happy with. Not intuitive at all. I use the pump price/litre and the total charged for my top up. After all, the receipt just calculates, and rounds up/down the number of litres.

Tags
cost in euros, price per litre

« Hey y'all | Hey... »