New '88 Crx HF owner - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

New '88 Crx HF owner

Well I posted a while ago about a 1991 CRX HF I was suppose to buy, I was deployed to Afghanistan at the time so I sorta missed the chance to buy that one. I finally came back and I started looking for HF's. Well I finally found one for $2,200 with 160k miles on it. It has AC, a few minor cosmetic damage but overall the car is in good shape.

I was turned off by the car at first since it looks like the previous owner was trying to turn it into some sort of race car. I hate how they painted the entire car white and the rims he spray painted black lol. I drove the car from LA, up north near San Francisco, it was about 400 miles and I managed to make it up there on a single tank. While I was up there I had the tires replaced with new ones(the original tires were three different sizes), I replaced the breaks, water pump and timing belt.

Overall the car is in real good condition, I was a bit hesitant about this car cause of its looks but surprisingly enough, the engine has been untouched, I plan on replacing the spark plugs and air filter tomorrow.

I drove it from san francisco to arizona, I ended up getting lost so I ended up driving around 950 miles to get to my destination, car runs like a champ! I plan on repainting the trim black and focus on cosmetic stuff along with the engine.

MO3iusONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome home and thanks for your service. Freedom's not free and but for those like yourself we may not live the safe, comfortable lives we enjoy. All too often without consideration, or appreciation of, those brave individuals who make it possible.
Congrats and best wishes for you and your new GasSaver. Wonderful car, lots of potential. Glad you saved it from further "improvement" at the hands of the fast and furious. I'm afraid I won't be able to lend much expertise but I don't know of a better source than the knowledgeable members on this wonderful site.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Welcome back and great car. My first gas saver was a crx hf until I sold it 6 months ago. It was a federal HF model that I turned into a California HF model via a new replament engine/tranny. I can tell you that the Californa HF model is way better to drive than the federal. The federal gearing is just to high but you will save like 3-5 more mpg than the California model though. I now drive a vx and I can honestly say that the crx was a much better car to drive. It's very compact and light so it pick up speed very fast. The only downside to the crx was the two-seater. There's alway that one time when you just wish you can seat 4 in there, that's why I sold it and got a vx.
GasSavers_viperguy is offline   Reply With Quote