New Civic VX Member - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

New Civic VX Member

I joined the site a few weeks ago. GasSavers is a godsend! I've already received help for an O2 sensor issue recently-thanks members. With the sensor replacement my mileage improved from about 40 to an amazing 46 mpg.

I have owned my Red 1992 VX since 1996 (12 years and counting). I've got about 167K on it, and the old ride is still going strong. It's basically still stock, with the original 13" alloy wheels. I have added a basic Sony stereo head unit, 2 6 1/2" Infinity coax speakers in the doors, and a 10" Kicker sub box with built-in 50-watt amp (the audio setup is just right for my tastes).

The car is old and I drive it a lot, so maintenance is an ongoing thing. One of the exhaust pipes has a hole in it, so replacing that will be next on the agenda. I just recently put new front brake rotors and calipers on it, and a steering tie rod went bad, so that had to be changed as well. I've already done the timing belt for a second time, and the CV boots have been changed. The car does need new struts on all four corners (still has the originals), but there's no "bounce" after going over bumps, so I think they are good for awhile longer.

The old VX still looks pretty good in spite of some front and rear bumper damage and the usual minor dents and dings.