New from Connecticut - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

New from Connecticut

Hey everybody!
Just registered as a way to share our sad gas milage stories and find ways to improve and stretch the vapors a little more. I was thrown into the crappy mpg pile literally by accident. I used to make my 75 mile daily commute in a 1996 Camry getting 32 mpg without even trying. Now, as the beneficiary of an inconsiderate driver's "brake-job", I commute in a 2000 Chevy ZR2 4x4 pickup that I can maybe get 18-19mpg if I try very hard. Sometimes , I get a little over 20mpg but those kind of numbers are impossible most of the year with a 262 ci (4.3l ) v6. My other vehicle is a turbo-charged Buick with which I did get 28 mpg on a long trip years ago but since have relegated myself to trips to the car shows and sub-10mpg tanks. Seems like I've been driving forever and have driven most types of vehicles. One of these days, I might have to get another econobox if things keep going the way they are. Maybe by then I can have my cake and eat it too.

Looking forward to some lively exchanges of info.

Robert

Smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Welcome.