New GS member from Pennsylvania - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to zig29
New GS member from Pennsylvania

Hello my name is Jeff, I live in south central PA. I drive a 1991 Geo Metro XFI. It has at least 100k on it. I bought it for $700 last year and get about 35 MPG on my commute to work every day. There a quite a few hills I have to deal with that robs me a few MPG. There is also the 65 mph speed limit that helps rob too. The odometer doesn't have a hundred thousands digit so there is no telling how many miles are on the car. As of today it shows as 840 miles. This is my second Metro I've owned. The first was a 1996 Metro 3 cyl. 5 speed, the lovely green they offered. I would love to get a hybrid but can't fit all my kids in one so I'm stuck paying for the minivan and trying to pinch every MPG out of the old Metro. Love the little thing just need to fix her up a little.

zig29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Registered Member

$700 for an xfi! nice(they are very rare)! Welcome to the site jeff.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

Welcome

Welcome to GasSavers!

Let us know if you have any specific questions, anytime.

RH77
Old 10-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig29
Hello my name is Jeff, I live in south central PA. I drive a 1991 Geo Metro XFI. It has at least 100k on it. I bought it for $700 last year and get about 35 MPG on my commute to work every day. There a quite a few hills I have to deal with that robs me a few MPG. There is also the 65 mph speed limit that helps rob too. The odometer doesn't have a hundred thousands digit so there is no telling how many miles are on the car. As of today it shows as 840 miles. This is my second Metro I've owned. The first was a 1996 Metro 3 cyl. 5 speed, the lovely green they offered. I would love to get a hybrid but can't fit all my kids in one so I'm stuck paying for the minivan and trying to pinch every MPG out of the old Metro. Love the little thing just need to fix her up a little.
Welcome! How close are you to Harrisburg? I have a friend that lives in Ickesburg; near Port Royal. Yes, hills are a definite FE killer in PA. Good luck with the Metro and hopefully we can help you out here. Again, welcome.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote