New here and a Happy New Year ! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

New here and a Happy New Year !

Hi folks , I've been lurking but wanted to just drop in . Hoping to learn a lot from you all . The vehicles I'm hoping to improve my mileage on are a 94 Chevy half ton that I've installed a 98 LS1 drivetrain into (pretty decent mileage by the way at around 21-22 mpg hwy) and an 01 Buick Regal with the supercharger . Happy New Year ! Jim

GasSavers_RunningOnFumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningOnFumes
Hi folks , I've been lurking but wanted to just drop in . Hoping to learn a lot from you all . The vehicles I'm hoping to improve my mileage on are a 94 Chevy half ton that I've installed a 98 LS1 drivetrain into (pretty decent mileage by the way at around 21-22 mpg hwy) and an 01 Buick Regal with the supercharger . Happy New Year ! Jim
Welcome Jim. You got a head start on the New Year. Are your vehicles manual or auto trans?

CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

They're both automatics CO . It's a 4L60E in the truck and a 4L65e in the Buick . My driving habits aren't the best because the truck originally had a 4.3 V6 which was a slouch and gave medium fuel economy of around 17 on the hwy , so since dropping the aluminum block 305 hp engine in I've been having some fun . I'm also fairly certain that having the 255's all around on the truck cuts my mileage back some although I don't know how much . I just acquired the Buick so I've been having a little fun with it too but it's capable of close to 30 mpg on the hwy with cruise set . The problem is that I really love the sound of that s/c ! Thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
For the Chevy, look here:

http://www.evworld.com/view.cfm?sect...le&storyid=870

The same principles could be applied to the Buick as well, but the effect won't be as dramatic.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

Hey , that's a great article Toecutter . I appreciate it- I'm going to bookmark it . I wouldn't mind having something like that to go over the bed for trips on the interstate and it could double as a bedcover when I wanted to haul smaller things . I wonder how much of a difference it would make around town . I can't imagine trying to get into building a belly pan though , at least at this time . I have thought about getting a really efficient car but can't see getting rid of either of my other vehicles at this time so having more insurance would probably offset a fair amount of the money I would save on fuel . But If I could get closer to 30 on the hwy with my truck I think I could be very happy with that .
Old 12-30-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
You'll want to contact Phil Knox then. You can find him lurking around the maxmpg Yahoo Group.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote