New Member in Long Island, NY - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-14-2007, 06:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

New Member in Long Island, NY

Hi All,

I joined this forum because I may be able to contribute some useful information or provide some answers. I am an experimental electro physicist and specialize in internal combustion engines. Here is a link to my web site that everyone on this forum should be interested in.

www.plasmatronicsllc.com

Best regards,

Lonnie

GasSavers_Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #2
*shrug*

Welcome to the site!

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
Registered Member

Welcome and Questions

Welcome to GasSavers.

Interesting product. If you perform a surface analysis of the site, you will find that we believe very much in the Scientific Process. I reviewed your Techical Paper and have some questions/concerns:
  1. Do you have any independent testing to assure validity?
  2. I'm concerned that subjective terms like "Good" and "Not so Good" are used to evaluate the differences between product operation/performance
  3. Unless you have actual data, you probably won't sell any products here (testimonials do not carry much weight -- need concrete statistical analyses)

This doesn't mean we won't give you a chance to defend your claims.

If you're intested in providing us with a complimentary system, a delegation can be convened to elect a member's test vehicle if someone volunteers.

Thank you for the interest in the site, and the offer to analyze your product.

-RH77
Old 04-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #4
Registered Member

Welcome

I never heard that chamber swirl could "blow out" a spark... I want independent testing too. Spark Plugs are easy enough to change. I would volunteer for ABAB testing, but I don't have a scan gauge...

Let's do some real world testing to establish some numbers...

I know one of my car magazines did some testing a while back and proved that the heat range / gap is what matters for track times.... The platinums, dual points, and quadruple point plugs just last longer because of the material or how long it takes for the ground strap to wear down. They found no performance gains but did not rule out efficiency gains....
kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
Registered Member

So watching the video the increase in FE and horsepower is from spark plug only? The modern ICE burns 98% of the fuel. How do you get 12-29% better economy and 9-10% more horsepower with sparkplugs? Do you have any data that we can look at.

Welcome to the site.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
Supporting Member

Lonnie -

Welcome to GasSavers. As everyone has said, this is the place where you can find "honest brokers" willing to independently test your product.

Does it matter if the pre-existing ignition system is of a waste-spark design?

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks for the invitation.

Hi All,

Thanks for the invitation to do independent testing; this is just what I was hoping for. A good measure of skepticism is in order given the long line of snake oil salesmen that have permeated the market place, especially as of late when the price of gas jumped. I did not join this forum to sell anything; I seek only to compile more independent tests and testimonials to add to a growing body of work. My research has already stood the test of peer review, now the consumer world must concur.

An EPA certified testing laboratory generated the fuel consumption, emissions and power data posted on our web site. The test procedure was performed to EPA automotive aftermarket product certification standards. The EPA audits the testing done at this facility, the people conducting the tests are certified to perform the testing and all the test equipment is calibrated to national standards. Three sets of before and after tests were performed to produce this data. We have lots of other dynamometer tests and MPG tests but do not publish them; we only publish the test results from this independent and verifiable source.

Your feedback tells me that our animation does not give a good picture of the Plasma Drive Ignition. We will improve it. As for the technology, plasma ignition is not just a spark plug. The animation is simply trying to contrast plasma ignition and spark ignition by showing what happens in the combustion chamber. The Plasma Drive Ignition system consists of the Plasma Drive, electrode wire and electrode that replace the existing ignition coil, spark plug wire and spark plug respectively.

All of the information on our site is intended for the general public and so is simplified as much as possible. For anyone that wants to dig into the details I will provide an in depth technical paper that supports my research. Anyone who wishes to review this paper can send me an email from the web site and I will email it to you.

We would be willing to provide a Plasma Drive Ignition system to your delegation for testing. I recommend a distributor type engine in a pickup or SUV in order to make installation of the Plasma Drive and electrodes easy. It would be nice if the testing were done in the Midwestern USA where E85 is available, preferably in Northern Indiana where I am about to begin a new research program at Purdue University, Calumet campus. We plan to do emissions testing at Argonne National Laboratory facilities on as many vehicles as possible.

Best regards,

Lonnie
GasSavers_Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
Driving on E

I'm a natural skeptic, but I also believe that every claim needs to be tested. we DO have a member in northern Indiana, if he's willing to subject himself to the test. I think that DiamondLarry has added every other piece of equipment to his car in the past... why not one more?

Lonnie, please send him a private message and ask if he is interested.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #9
Registered Member

The animation was waaaaaayyy too slow paced. I lasted about 15 seconds, when you had just barely started talking. Maybe I'm ADD.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #10
Supporting Member

Matt -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
I'm a natural skeptic, but I also believe that every claim needs to be tested. we DO have a member in northern Indiana, if he's willing to subject himself to the test. I think that DiamondLarry has added every other piece of equipment to his car in the past... why not one more?

Lonnie, please send him a private message and ask if he is interested.
DiamondLarry would also have a waste-spark system, so his Saturn might not be ideal.

What about the guy the redid DiamondLarry's motor, the "Powre Haus" guy?

Lonnie -

Is this guy in your neck of the woods, he modified DiamondLarry's engine :

http://powrehaus.com/

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote