New member with Mazada - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-28-2016, 04:08 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukkyPaws1 View Post
hi n welcome bob
im sure new car will see u with some good fuel savings,

I have wondered about buying a scan gauge here but im not sure if theres much if any benefit over and above cars computer with live mpg
I've never used the ScanGauge, but the UltraGauge has other read outs that I like to use that aren't available on the car's display. On the UltraGauge main page (there are 7 pages of gauges which are all fully configurable), in addition to instantaneous and average MPG, I have put other "short trip" (automatically reset every time the car is started) numbers - miles, gallons, and MPG. I mostly focus on gallons since that is what I'm really trying to minimize - there are routes for my work commute that I could take that give me better MPG but they are slightly longer so actually use more fuel.

gonzobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:05 AM   #12
Registered Member

so I guess I should amend my wording seems like I pulse and coast as such but still cant seem to get decent benefits from it unless I pulse and assisted coast, I look to coast while maintaining approx. 88mpg on live computer so giving me a theoretical 4-7mpg fuel improvement over and above the computers running mpg average of lets say 81mpg
but I do find assisting the coast with good light feathering extends the length of coast significantly

MukkyPaws1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #13
Registered Member

If you want a try of my ScangaugeE Ray, I'm happy to lend it you. Should be able to post it free from work.
If you think it helps, then you'll know if its worth buying.
It's doing nowt at the moment, just let me know.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:29 AM   #14
Registered Member

That would be great Ben, hate wasting cash for no benefit would be real be nice to see its of use b4 I do spend
pm for addy whenever u have time

cheers ray
Old 07-31-2016, 04:57 AM   #15
Registered Member

Its on its way!
It cost me £75 new, i thought it improved my economy by around 10%, so paid fot itself by 6 months.
You're getting better figures than my bloody Hyundai got, so it might not be as big a help for you.
Biggest change was it disagreeing with the cars "eco" gear shift indicator. Often staying in 3rd or 4th was way better than the 5th or 6th gear it was telling you to be in.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #16
Registered Member

Wow Ben I hope u don't drive as fast as u post ...damn if it didn't arrive today

Many THX
I have set it up b4 work and luckily was needing more of that go go so that will help get figures correctly , will let it run a Cpl o days and report back to u

thx again Ben
Old 08-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #17
Registered Member

No worries - i'd rather it was out possibly helping people get better economy than gathering dust. Probably be a while before i need it again.
I'm a pretty slow & steady driver, though a hybrid has more scope for eco acceleration than a diesel!
I had to contact Scangauge to help set up on mine, but that was cos the i20 not common. Ford set up should be straight out the booklet.
Good luck, hope its as good for you as it was for me.