New Members: Welcome Thread - Page 14 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #131
Registered Member

manual,i also park my car two to four days a week when the weather warms up (i ride my bicycle to work) the best way to stretch the gas in the tank is not use it!

oh and i was thinking of buying a suzuki dr200se (200cc motorcycle)my job is only 4miles away.

xhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #132
Registered Member

Hi all!
2002 Expedition, 4.6 L RWD. Started at 9.8 hwy and now smiling at well over 20.
I'm the dude that came out with The Gadgetman Groove. Happy I did, too!
I came here because I thought I might be able to share some of my experience as well as to pick up some tips and tricks to share with my team members!

GadgetmanPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #133
Registered Member

Hello all, I have a 2001 Saturn SC1 3-door. I just bought the car for $1500 cash and it has just over 142,000 miles and is a 5-speed overdrive stick shift. Not many manuals around today. I don't know my milage as yet but it seems good. I filled it up when I bought it on June 7 2013 and it still has almost 3/4 of a tank left. I driven it all over town and took it a trip up to Boston too. For little fuel.
GasSavers_REN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #134
Registered Member

Double posted by mistake. Not mine, the web site hung up so I pushed reply again. It went then nice and fast but with a double post. Yuck!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #135
Registered Member

Smile Greetings!

Hello, my name is Abigail Zimmerman. I am live in Kansas. I am deaf and, I am true Christian. Hey, I am new member of Gas Savers today! My old car: 2000 Ford Taraus Se and red car, but my old car is not gas-saver!
Hey, I am really need your help... I am really forward to have best and used car with gas-saver and some space from $5,000 to $10,000 that's what I can afford in future! So, please suugest any ideas to find a best and used car with gas-saver and some space in Kansas! So, if you do, then I will appreciate it! :-D GOD Bless You and Shalom!
Abigail Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #136
Registered Member

Not sure if I can help you Abigail

Hello Abigail!!

I am not sure what the best used car is for fuel economy. I asked God for help on this same question. Jesus thus led me to a rare chance private sale where I bought my Saturn. I have not really checked the mileage yet, but it seems to get into the low to mid 30's mpg in city driving. Mine is a stick shift. Meaning it uses a clutch and manual gears. It also is old school as it uses crank windows and manual locks. I weighs just a little over a ton, so it is a light car. Has a 1.9 Liter 4 cylinder engine. Only has 109 horse power, but really good low end torque like a semi. I bought my 2001 Saturn SC 1 for $1500 but I heard it really sells for about $5000. If you can shift that is a good car. I ran the gas low the other day, below 1/4 tank. Not empty but maybe close. The low light did not light if there is one. It took only 9 gallons of gas to fill full. The last time I fueled it was the beginning of August. I heard finding a used 4 cylinder car is tough these days. Ask God for help. Oh yes, my SC 1 only has 3 doors. If you see one buy it and you'll like the 2 doors on the driver side. They open like a venetian door! It is cool! They have plastic sides so don't dent easy. Mine is a coupe and considered a sports car sort of. It is peppy, and red. A lot of folks like my car.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #137
Registered Member

This looks like the right place. I recently purchased a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 conversion van with 100,000 mi and EPA rated at 13/15 MPG. I established a baseline of 13.7 and 12.5 MPG on my second and third fill-ups so I'm guessing technique will improve things.
I just performed a major tuneup: synthetic 10W-30 oil, filter, air filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, differential lube. I'm anxious to see any improvement as a result on this next tank.
Next, I am installing a BAFX OBD2 reader to work with the Torque Android app to see if I can get some good feedback while driving. I'll likely increase tire pressure to the maximum while I'm at it.
Should be fun.
MarkKnorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #138
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkKnorr View Post
This looks like the right place. I recently purchased a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 conversion van with 100,000 mi and EPA rated at 13/15 MPG. I established a baseline of 13.7 and 12.5 MPG on my second and third fill-ups so I'm guessing technique will improve things.
I just performed a major tuneup: synthetic 10W-30 oil, filter, air filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, differential lube. I'm anxious to see any improvement as a result on this next tank.
Next, I am installing a BAFX OBD2 reader to work with the Torque Android app to see if I can get some good feedback while driving. I'll likely increase tire pressure to the maximum while I'm at it.
Should be fun.
Sounds like you're off to a good start! If you have any questions, just ask.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #139
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
It won't measurably affect fuel economy, but does a 2002 Dodge specify 10W30 or 5W30? I would expect the latter.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #140
Registered Member

First post. I bought a 2014 Cruze diesel 2 weeks ago. So far I love it. I managed 47.4 mpg for 25 miles mixed town and highway driving. I am getting around 35 mpg driving to work and shopping.
I am surprised that so few Americans are willing to buy diesels. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of trip mpg it will get.

Bare Feet is offline   Reply With Quote