New Members: Welcome Thread - Page 17 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #161
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electakute View Post
I wasn't sure how to make my first post so I hope I got this right.
Yes you did good & are at the right place Go ahead & start adding fill-ups so you can keep track of your progress.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #162
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
For those who are new...Welcome to GasSavers

I started this thread with the intent of directing folks here to get an idea of what to try first (just my opinion -- others can feel free to add-on).

1. Get a good baseline started. What kind of mileage do you get now, and what is your short-term goal?

2. There are essentially 2 basic ways to increase "FE" (fuel economy): Modifications and Driving Technique. Both can work together to achieve your goals. There are mods and techniques that range from Beginner to Advanced.

Good threads to review when new:

Busted and Confirmed Mods List (what usually works, and what doesn't)
Gas Saving Tips from Best to Worst
List of Aero Mods for Your Car or Truck

3. Don't forget to tell us about your vehicle: especially year, engine, transmission. Also, make an entry in the Garage and keep track of your mileage with a GasLog, found in the garage.

4. Feel free to introduce yourself...

5. And Have fun.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or post ideas Lots of folks are here to help...

RH77
When I go to update my vehicle which is a diesel it asks if its an L2, L4 etc. Does this mean Liters? If so I don't think an L4 exists yet there are members with L4. What am I missing?

TDIRoady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:41 AM   #163
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIRoady View Post
When I go to update my vehicle which is a diesel it asks if its an L2, L4 etc. Does this mean Liters? If so I don't think an L4 exists yet there are members with L4. What am I missing?
From http://www.fuelly.com/faq/31/engine-type-codes :
What do the engine type abbreviations such as L4 and V6 mean?

We use "codes" to identify different engine types, and they're not always self evident. Here are the most common codes and what they mean:
L4 = Inline-four cylinder. This is the most common type of engine across cars at Fuelly. (Variations such as L6 or Straight-six are rare in comparison.)

V6 = V6 engine. This one actually makes sense. The V refers to the shape of the engine. This is a very common engine. (We show the option for a V4 engine, but this engine only existed in a few rare cars.)

H4 = Hybrid four cylinder. We use H4 and H6 to refer to four and six cylinder engines that also use electricity to help with fuel economy. Subaru also makes a "horizontal" engine that we use H4 and H6 for in Subarus only. (If you know engines, this can also be confused with H engines, another rare engine type.)

W16 = W engine. This is another very rare engine that only exists in a few cars.
Just keep in mind that the L4 and V6 are the most frequently found engines and you'll be set. Also keep in mind that we let Fuelly members choose any engine they'd like for their vehicle. We offer suggestions but people can override them. Sometimes they get it wrong.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #164
Registered Member

Just found this site via PriusChat.com.

I'm not sure if the 2007 Prius is a "Hybrid H4" or a "Hybrid L4", so I guessed "Hybrid H4."

Also, what about adding "CVT" (Continuously Variable Transmission) to the list of transmission types?

Edit: After a little more research, I think it should be "Hybrid L4", not "Hybrid H4." Still hoping to see "CVT" added to the choices of transmission types.
mwburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #165
Registered Member

Expanding the transmission types won't hurt, but won't add to the overall site until researching lets you select by transmission.

It is more important, I think, to clean up the engine selections. With this being a global site, there are a wide range of engines out there for some models. European ones will have 2 or more L4 of gas and diesel for a single model. For those researching a car, selecting L4 may not give them the data they need in that case.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #166
Registered Member

1. 2004 Ford Explorer, 4.6L V8, 5 speed automatic transmission, 210,000 miles. Baseline:
-at 55-60 mph 19-20mpg (best tank 22mpg @ 55mph no cruise)
-at 65-70mph 17-18mpg
-Combined/normal 15.5mpg

2. I've been taking it easy ever since purchased it at 182K so I can afford to drive it utilizing as many of the tips seen on this site.

Modifications:
-KNN air filter
-Volo HHO Edition chip
-21 plate hydrogen cell

I've had the KNN filter since I purchased it and the modifications are recent, but I will be tracking them and posting my results. I don't expect huge gains out of this, I'm just in it for a hobby and to try!
HHOExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:48 AM   #167
Registered Member

Hey all!

I have been tracking fuel ups on my cars since my first car. Currently only have one on here, a '97 BMW 328i. Just sold that one.

Will be recording the replacement, an '01 540i here also.

I need to upload the info for my wife's last car, and the replacement for it.
NikatKimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #168
Registered Member

Loving this Service!

Thank you Fuelly - I love this service!! (Learned about it on a Subaru forum.)

AND - shocked that my new Subaru CrossTreck hybrid is getting 41 mpg! My husband and I didn't believe the stats so we've been scanning our memory wondering if we missed tracking a fill up, but the math is correct.

Aside from that nice surprise, thank you Fuelly for providing a way to track our fuel expenses while adding some helpful data out your way while we're at it.
NikoSuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:50 AM   #169
Registered Member

Prius C Local club

Just wondering if there are any other Pruis C owners out there that live in the vacinity of Ft Pierce Fl that I can swap ideas of how to save more on fuel cost and get better mileage
pugsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #170
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
For those who are new...Welcome to GasSavers

I started this thread with the intent of directing folks here to get an idea of what to try first (just my opinion -- others can feel free to add-on).

1. Get a good baseline started. What kind of mileage do you get now, and what is your short-term goal?

2. There are essentially 2 basic ways to increase "FE" (fuel economy): Modifications and Driving Technique. Both can work together to achieve your goals. There are mods and techniques that range from Beginner to Advanced.

Good threads to review when new:

Busted and Confirmed Mods List (what usually works, and what doesn't)
Gas Saving Tips from Best to Worst
List of Aero Mods for Your Car or Truck

3. Don't forget to tell us about your vehicle: especially year, engine, transmission. Also, make an entry in the Garage and keep track of your mileage with a GasLog, found in the garage.

4. Feel free to introduce yourself...

5. And Have fun.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or post ideas Lots of folks are here to help...

RH77
How do you post? I can't find instructions anywhere!!!!

whydavewhy is offline   Reply With Quote