new to fuelly - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

new to fuelly

hello. recently added a new performance transmission and exhaust to my scooter. Need to monitor fuel consumption anyway and found a great way to do so here. 8000 miles on my pcx150 and i finally monitor fuel consumption. Checks previous to the new parts were around 90-100mpg. Most of my driving is under 60mph or 100kph. We shall see how new performance parts affect fuel economy in a 150cc scooter.

BenjWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome. I would imagine mpg would plummet, particularly if you use the increased performance, but that, after all, is the reason for adding those parts. Good luck, and enjoy your increased go!

Old 07-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
Welcome. I would imagine mpg would plummet, particularly if you use the increased performance, but that, after all, is the reason for adding those parts. Good luck, and enjoy your increased go!
It's simple mechanism that just changed the gearing ratio in the cvt allowing for quicker acceleration from stops and higher top speed, albeit only 5-7mph. GPS top speed is now 73mph. Keeps the engine revs in the peak power longer. So I expect a drop in mpg but by much. I could tweak it a little and decrease my revs and acceleration but it's good enough as is now. I do need the acceleration from the stop because of traffic but top speed isn't a priority. Seems like I'm averaging in the 85 to 90mpg range when I'm not driving near top speed and top revs. This last fill up took a hit because of 60mph+ riding. The exhaust I have is just for the sound and maybe more hp but not much, and my original exhaust had too much road damage and rust so I opted up. Can't really improve on 13hp unless I get a bigger engine! I only fill up every 7-10 days anyway.
BenjWD is offline   Reply With Quote