newbie@100mpg??!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #11
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
man i need to get a motorcycle

Old 06-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #12
Registered Member

Well, you're not using the brakes anyway if you're driving for FE. You'll hardly miss 'em

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #13
Supporting Member

brakes who needs um? jeez t this makes me want a bike sooo bad just gotta move out first.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
you can reduce your electrical loads by switching to LED's in the tail light and running lights, and if you are creative switching the day time running light in the head light to LED as well, but of course leave a bright incondesent light in the head light for night time use!
your stock tire sizes should be around: Front 110/90-V18 Rear 130/90-V15, the first number is the width, the 2nd is the hight, 3rd is the rim size, slightly narrower tires are alwas good, there are a few silica rubber compund touring tires avalible that are suposed to improve gas mileage, last longer and improve both wet and dry traction, after all you only have two tires, so traction is important.
I've switched to synthetic oil in all of my motorcycles (4 of them) and haven't been disapointed yet, but you must use motorcycle friendly synthetic oil or you will destroy your clutch as it is in an oil bath, a number of compenies sell motorcycle synthetic oil, so you have a few choices.
Keep your stock air box, removing the air box and installing clamp on air filters often requires rejetting, and gives a small boost in power, and a large increase in fuel comsumption, your best bet is to find a foam air filter that fits the stock air box and use high tack foam filter oil on it to help trap dirt, this will give the best air flow and trap the most dirt possible in my opinion.
if you haul anything with you to work a tank bag, altho silly looking on a cruser style motorcycle, is a great way to carry small items, it also helps fill the void in front of you for smoother air flow, a small front fairing should also help, a rear faring will help a great deal as well.
I like full face helmets, they are just all around good for all reasons you could ask, as long as you can handle something that enclosed on your head.
I'm sure I'll think of more later.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:09 AM   #15
Registered Member

Ryland thanks for all the advise I love the led idea and I think I'll tuck them right behind the license plate right now my rear turnsignals are sticking way out should smooth airflow. I am deffintly getting a set of touring tires next time around since 6 to 7000 a summer is about what I ride. I was considering trying to find some knn air filters what do you think and have you ever tried straight through tail pipes without the mufflers that come stock. I just dont know if it will help or hurt mileage and I just plan on boring out the stock muffler so if it hurts I screwed and will have to buy a new set of pipes. I always wear the full face and almost always wear a full protective jaket. Makes the rain and bugs not hurt when they hit.
virago250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virago250 View Post
I was considering trying to find some knn air filters what do you think
he said: Keep your stock air box, removing the air box and installing clamp on air filters often requires rejetting, and gives a small boost in power, and a large increase in fuel comsumption, your best bet is to find a foam air filter that fits the stock air box and use high tack foam filter oil on it to help trap dirt, this will give the best air flow and trap the most dirt possible in my opinion.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #17
Registered Member

Another idea - when it's time to change tires, think about going to radials (if the bike doesn't already use them).

I had to change the front wheel on my Hawk so it would fit a radial, it was well worth it.

hawkgt647 is offline   Reply With Quote