Newbie, cars, rumors, diesel and tires..... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
put it in the gas log
Where is the gaslog?

My father has one in his house so he does not need to tote firewood, but I do not think that is the same

-Emil Faber
Spule 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:48 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spule 4
But on 55 MPH backroads, you could not beat it.
Pretty much sums up my driving. I haven't done any higher speed driving with mine, but agree it probably wouldn't do well there. You'd be better off in a Civic VX.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:25 AM   #13
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Where is the gaslog?
hahahaha its on the top of this site there is 'home' next to that 'forums' then the 3rd from the right is 'gaslog' its a nice tool.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:03 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
I am interested in the influx and interest in small cars into North America and even rumors such as the potential return of PSA since leaving in 1991 when Peugeot pulled out.
I like diesel cars, wish we had more, and would love to see the newer diesel technology. A friend that is a Renault fan is debating if the new diesels will hold up with time like the older Mercedes/VW/Peugeot ones that get into the 100s of thousands range.
Garrett
The day that PSA returns to the States with any of their diesel offerings, or Alfa with theirs, or even US nameplates with their diesels (The Ford built 2.0 TD in the Jaguar X-Type is a marvelous pairing), is the last day I'll have to deal with the lousy US VW dealer service network.
I'm not holding my breath, but I am anxious for such a day to arrive.
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #15
Registered Member

Just totaled 13,000 miles of fill ups, 36.5 mpg average. Worst was around 30, best was 42 all interstate.

-Emil Faber
Old 10-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #16
Registered Member

Welcome!!

Get in the hypermiling mode. Slow down a little, fas and p&g the Fit and see what it will do. As a 06 Civic owner Im a bit disapointed with Fit. And dont see it getting mpg like my Civic. But I could be wrong.

I would like to see a Fit slugfest myself

My mpg is sliping a little in my Civic. Mostly due to weather and my lack of will to do endless battle with the winds of Oklahoma.

Good luck!!!
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
Welcome!!

Get in the hypermiling mode. Slow down a little, fas and p&g the Fit and see what it will do. As a 06 Civic owner Im a bit disapointed with Fit. And dont see it getting mpg like my Civic. But I could be wrong.

I would like to see a Fit slugfest myself

My mpg is sliping a little in my Civic. Mostly due to weather and my lack of will to do endless battle with the winds of Oklahoma.

Good luck!!!
Slow down is not an option, most higway driving is 5-10+ in Tennessee or you are dead....

Should be no disappointment in the Fit Vs Civic as my fit has been doing well. Not sure what is going on at FitFreak.net, but many of those guys are getting mileage in the 20s, I am not sure how they are doing it?

-Emil Faber
Old 10-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut
The day that PSA returns to the States with any of their diesel offerings, or Alfa with theirs, or even US nameplates with their diesels (The Ford built 2.0 TD in the Jaguar X-Type is a marvelous pairing), is the last day I'll have to deal with the lousy US VW dealer service network.
I'm not holding my breath, but I am anxious for such a day to arrive.
Did not realize that Jag had bowed down to Ford for a diesel. There was one XJ sedan (I think it was an XJ12 in factory form) that Jaguar did install a VM motor into in the early 1980s for evaluation purposes, but then petrol got cheaper. The details of it can be found in assorted Jag publications.

Diesel Jag.....Setright is turning in his grave?

-Emil Faber
Old 10-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #19
Supporting Member

Quote:
Slow down is not an option, most higway driving is 5-10+ in Tennessee or you are dead....

Should be no disappointment in the Fit Vs Civic as my fit has been doing well. Not sure what is going on at FitFreak.net, but many of those guys are getting mileage in the 20s, I am not sure how they are doing it?
ahh I40 at its best. I never found it to be that bad. I'm originally from around jackson. I drive around here in KC metro area at 60mph going everywhere. I show no mercy to the tailgaters. Flipping me off, waving, bright lights, none of it works on me. I drive in the slow lane, so deal with it.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:59 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Did not realize that Jag had bowed down to Ford for a diesel. Diesel Jag.....Setright is turning in his grave?
The gasoline/petrol X-Type is a rear biased AWD version of the FWD Ford Mondeo, itself a nice car. The diesel option from the Mondeo is a perfect mate in the Ford "premium brand" of Jaguar, but is available in only FWD.
Ford also controls/owns Volvo cars, Aston, Rover and a few others, but I haven't heard of an Aston diesel...
yet.
I'm much more surprised to see than VW is still selling its Sharan with a blue oval and a 'Galaxy' (not Galaxie) name to Ford. VW already had the duplicate Seat Alhambra with which it's Sharan competes for market share. I'd have thought that the last thing Wolfsburg would want is to have a menage-a-trois with all members being badge engineered clones.
In the US we had Honda and Isuzu work out a short term arrangement in which Isuzu, in need of a small van, got re-badged Odysseys to sell as Oasis, and Honda, needing a SUV, received Rodeos re-badged as Passports, but that was a short term arrangement. The Ford/VW pairing has gone on for years.

Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote