Newby to the forum F250 diesel - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Post Newby to the forum F250 diesel

Just found this forum while searching for MPG improvement ideas. I have an 2010 F250 6.4L diesel. I had put an Edge Evo HT tuner on it and it did not help at all. Tried the economy settings and advance setting as well. I do good to get 13.5 MPG on any of the tuner settings or stock setting. I have 35's on the truck with 20" wheels (stock). The truck is all original with no other mods. Anyone got any ideas on how to improve the MPG's or am I pretty well stuck with what I have? any info is greatly appreciated.

tidefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:13 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi welcome to the forum. Trucks aren't my bag so I cant help sorry. Don't expect huge gains whatever you do, trucks obviously have aerodynamics, weight, etc all working against them. Plenty of truck owners on here might be able to help though.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:15 AM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

Welcome to the forum! There isn't much you can do to the truck itself. As most here will agree, the largest gains will come from adjusting the nut behind the steering wheel: you. The only thing I would do to the truck is take the tuner off, and add a little extra air to the tires. Everything else is you. Reduce and/or eliminate time idling. consolidate trips. When you see a light ahead of you turn red, immediately take your foot off the go pedal and coast.

This will get you started, as you get better you will pick up more tips, and discover some of your own.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #4
Registered Member

@tidefan99 You are getting pretty decent MPG out of the F250. I know people struggling to make the 10 MPG mark in those. The truth is, US diesel pick-up trucks are made for torque, not for economy. While you could have both, GM and Ford clearly didn't care about the latter when they designed their diesel powertrains. On the other hand, you could tow a house with those Power Stroke diesels. Everything is a trade-off
dimasboy is offline   Reply With Quote