Noob here - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Noob here

Hey all,

Great site you have. Looking forward to benefiting from it. Dont see too many Ford Ranger owners -- a couple, but not many. I own an '01 4-cyl, 2.3 ltr; it performs like a truck (as much of one as i need anyway) and has great economy (25mpg with a good tank). My wife owns a '99 Buick LeSabre. All around great car. She's more crazy about maximizing Economy than I (driving 55 - 60 in a 70). Anywho, looking forward to discussions.

AGEmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
Welcome to the site AGEmech

Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
we have a 2000 2 wheel drive Ford ranger with I think the 2.3L and a 5 speed as well, befor that we had a toyota with well over 320,000 miles (odometer stoped working) and the ford was the only small truck within our price range that we could find, we tend to average between 20-25, but for the most part it sits because of that horble mileage, and I've found it to be one of the most unplesent vehicles to drive, it's geared way to high for a truck, it can't crall, it just spins tires at high RPM's, or dies, I have one friend that my civic will make it up their gravle driveway, but the Ranger will not, it just start spinning about half way up, the only real reason we keep it around is for hauling large or dirty stuff, as soon as I can find another toyota I want to get rid of the ford.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote