Not new, but never posted to the forum - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
sww
Registered Member

Not new, but never posted to the forum

Hi all, I have been using Fuelly since I bought my new truck in May last year.

I have a Ford Ranger T6 Wildtrak, with the 3.2L 5-cyl engine, and I live in Bangkok, Thailand.

Needless to say, fuel consumption is pretty horrible around town, but upcountry it's fantastic. Since I use the truck to drive across town to the office every day in Bangkok's legendary traffic, I am getting around 7km/l (16.5 US mpg, 19.8 imperial mpg) as an average - which I think is not bad.

In Thailand, the price of diesel is subsidised (presumably to help agriculture), and so it costs around 20% less than gasohol. This makes running a large truck pretty economical.

sww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
I have a Ford Ranger T6 Wildtrak... This makes running a large truck pretty economical.
This assumes us in the US, but we are jealous that you get a small truck with a diesel.

Welcome to the site.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
sww
Registered Member

Haha - only in the US would the Ranger be considered a small truck!

Yes, I would love an F150 or F250, but the largest truck on the roads in Thailand is the Ranger T6. I believe it's technically considered a 'medium-sized truck'.

Diesel vehicles are very popular here, what with the fuel being subsidised. It's not uncommon to find much smaller trucks with a 2.0L diesel engine, and those cost a lot less to run.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #4
Registered Member

We have the new Ranger in the UK, it's huge, the bonnet line is level with my chest! I think the Isuzu with it's 2.5 TDI is more popular as it can tow over 7000lbs and can do over 40 MPG too, but the Ranger looks a nice truck.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
Registered Member

Is the T6 the latest generation?
Yeah, the Ranger did beef up. Ford didn't release it here because it was encroaching on the F150 in terms of size. The Ranger we had hadn't changed in size much in well over a decade. It was the last true compact pick up in the US market. Everybody else's small pick up had been a midsize for awhile previous.

In the final years, the Rangers had an oversized Ford emblem on the tailgate. I think it is because Ford got tired of people assuming it was a Japanese model based on the size.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
sww
Registered Member

Yes, the T6 is the version that was designed by Ford Australia, and being manufactured in South Africa, South America and here in Thailand.

It's sold with three engines - a 2.5L petrol engine, or 2.2L (150HP) and 3.2L (200HP) diesels.

I heard the same thing - the T6 Ranger is something like 90% the size of the F150, and Ford didn't want it to cannibalise sales of their extremely popular truck.