prius owner - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

prius owner

hello -
i have had the prius 2nd gen (01) since feb 06 and have bought less than $30 of exxon mobil or BP since that time .. I have put on over 25,000 miles on it and seem to keep learning more about it , getting more familiar with it the more i drive it adn read about it ..

recently i did a warm air mod ( in aaddition to the pool noodles covering the front air intake) --- this one i rerouted the air intake so that air blowing through the radiator goes into the air filter box .. i saw 118 deg F on the OBD2 reading on intake air temp -- this better allows the computer to lean out the fuel giving better mileage ( not horsepower ) -- if i wanted to get better 1/4 mile times i would try packing more colder denser air in ...

anyway i ave above 50 and some months in the summer about 57 or so ..

the flat land of central florida helps in getting these good numbers as well.

good to be here among fellow enthusiasts .. !!
Eric

chronon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
Supporting Member

welcome to gs

Old 11-20-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronon1 View Post
hello -
i have had the prius 2nd gen (01) since feb 06 and have bought less than $30 of exxon mobil or BP since that time .. I have put on over 25,000 miles on it and seem to keep learning more about it , getting more familiar with it the more i drive it adn read about it ..
What exactly do you mean here? If you have put 25,000 miles on your Prius, while only using $30 of gas, then I think that you might be able to take first place on the charts here... unless there is something that I am missing...

Anyways, enjoy your car, and welcome to the site. There is tons of good information here, and a few Prius owners that would be more than willing to share their techniques with you.
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
Registered Member

chronon, I'm looking forward to your posts and learning hybrid techniques.