Removed the Lead.... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Removed the Lead....

Out of my foot and gained 20% better gas mileage... SWEET

I have 2004 Ford F-150 and travel about 26 miles round trip to the office and back. In the past, I never worried about my MPG due to the low miles that I drive. Myself and couple buddies created a website to help ourselves and other to save money sensibly. Well, one of ways to help save money was to find how to lower the cost of my fuel bill.
I averaged about 11.3 MPG City Driving. Well, by keeping my RPM below 2000 when taking off and in normal driving, as well, coasting to the stops. I was able to increase my Avg. MPG to 13.7 about 2.4 MPG. Which is not a lot, but it adds up. Infact, I'll gain about another 70 miles per tank of gas.. Gives me about 3 more days before I load another $100.00 into my tank...

I know, I know; I could dump the ole Gas Guzzler get me something smaller to save more fuel. But, the truck is almost paid for, won't get that much for resale, and only have 33k miles on it. Plus, It's really nice having a truck when you are at Lowe's and the wife decides to buy 3 or 4 plants or need to re-mulch the flower bed...

I found this website, which impressed me that it helps the common folk like myself to save money.

Thanks...

ConnRadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
Registered Member

yea, i wouldn't sell the truck either. I have a cavalier posted on here but I also have a dodge in the garage for occasions like you mentioned. mine is mostly getting hay or lumber but same concept. a truck is a good thing to keep. I think that you will reap more benefits from a paid off vehicle then getting in another 4-5-6 year loan.

keep up the good work.

OH and welcome to the site

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome aboard!

BTW, doesn't Lowes offer a truck rental (for those floral purchases) like Home Depot does?

-Bob C.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Hmm...maybe you're onto something. Maybe we should all get rid of our Leadbelly CDs and replace them with Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Registered Member

Smile 89nissan2wd

Hi to all. I am new to the site. So I am still learning. Great info and ideas on here.
89nissan2wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post
Welcome aboard!

BTW, doesn't Lowes offer a truck rental (for those floral purchases) like Home Depot does?

-Bob C.
Not sure if Lowes does or not. I have a truck and never needed to rent one. I guess living in Texas, most Texans are used to having a truck or access to one. I find it wasteful, money wise, to pay for delivery. When I purchase a large item, majority of the time I'm able to take it home myself. If the store offers free delivery, I normally refuse it unless it's something that is to cumbersome to handle. As well, I find it a pain to take time off of work to have something delivered, which in my past experience the delivery guy tends to shows up late.

I see what you are getting at, but keep in mind that my truck is 2004 with 33k miles. If I had to commute 50 to 100 miles per day, I would still have a truck, as well, a car to commute with. At one point I did travel 99 miles round trip and I owned 98' Honda Accord (best car ever). Instead of living so far out of the city, wife and I decided to move in to save that way. Not only to save money, but time as well.. Over the years, seems like time has become more important than money.

ConnRadd is offline   Reply With Quote