Researcher interested in Fuel Efficient Driving - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-02-2016, 02:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

Post Researcher interested in Fuel Efficient Driving

Hi All,

I'm a researcher exploring eco-driving and hyper-miling and and am interested in the techniques that people use to save fuel when driving.

I'm looking forward to learning about the techniques used by the people in the forum and hopefully saving some money myself on my own petrol!

As far as cars go I drive a Toyota Aygo.

If you have a spare 25 minutes I'd really appreciate it if some of the forum members could complete my questionnaire about their driving habits. My research aims to examine the driving techniques of a wide demographic of drivers. You will be asked to complete an online questionnaire that examines techniques that you use when driving. Although this study is aimed primarily at exploring environmentally friendly driving behaviours, I'm interested in all drivers, and what motivates them to drive the way they do.

https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/20606

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to interacting with people on the forum

CAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi Callison

I have completed your survey and have to say was well thought through and concise

if u would like any further imput pls feel free to pm or email me

Ray

MukkyPaws1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you for taking the time to do it MukkyPaws1, Its really appreciated

People with an interest in fuel efficient driving are a key group I really want to target, so your responses will be really valuable to me.

Please feel free to pass the link on to anyone you think would be willing to complete it. I'm trying to recruit a really large sample, just a struggle knowing where to share!
Old 08-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

I filled it in at work (when i shouldnt have been!) so it may be slightly hurried - but still usable...
Old 08-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #5
Registered Member

Welcome to Fuelly, you should fit in well here. I will try and fill out the survey when I get the chance. In the meantime, you should find plenty of helpful and resourceful topics on here.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #6
Registered Member

Your Vehicle Makes/Model list is lacking...

PS- blinker fluid does not equal petrol...

"I switch off the daylight running light of my vehicle to save fuel"
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:51 AM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks to everyone who's completed the survey its really appreciated. Please share it amongst your friends and family, it would help me out a lot and you could compare answers (If you really wanted to!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Welcome to Fuelly, you should fit in well here. I will try and fill out the survey when I get the chance. In the meantime, you should find plenty of helpful and resourceful topics on here.
Thanks DraigFlag, I know a little bit about eco-driving and hyper-miling from an academic view, but not from the experiences of experts who actually do it. Looking forward to learning more from you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Your Vehicle Makes/Model list is lacking...

PS- blinker fluid does not equal petrol...

"I switch off the daylight running light of my vehicle to save fuel"
Thanks for doing the questionnaire RobertV, The vehicle list isn't complete, unfortunately theres just too many globally for me to know all of them but hopefully you can add yours using the "other" option. The daylight running lights thing has been suggested in academic literature, just shows how much we don't understand some of the mechanics in fuel usage. I look forward to learning more from the forum as time goes on.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:37 AM   #8
Registered Member

Just wanted to thank everyone from this site who has done the questionnaire. This is a really great community, full of some great knowledge.

I'm still recruiting so if anyone else does want to take the questionnaire please do!
Old 08-26-2016, 03:21 AM   #9
Registered Member

I am wondering to not deceive answers.
For mileage. I put what I have here on fuelly. That also includes all the mistakes I made since I recently bought the car. My actual mileage I'm getting now is around 40mpg. That hasn't brought the average up yet.
Should I have put 40 instead? Should/could it be changed?

I also fear I might deceive in my driving. It is rural. Much 45 plus mph. Also stops included. I'm not like many drivers. I'm always fearing I might deceive in lacking to explain on this accurately.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:07 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Corolla View Post
I am wondering to not deceive answers.
For mileage. I put what I have here on fuelly. That also includes all the mistakes I made since I recently bought the car. My actual mileage I'm getting now is around 40mpg. That hasn't brought the average up yet.
Should I have put 40 instead? Should/could it be changed?

I also fear I might deceive in my driving. It is rural. Much 45 plus mph. Also stops included. I'm not like many drivers. I'm always fearing I might deceive in lacking to explain on this accurately.
Don't worry about the total accuracy, its more so I can get an idea, the difference between 44 and 40 isn't going to sway my data by much. The more important aspects in the questionnaire are the techniques that you use when driving. I'm hoping to compile a list and calculate the fuel economy of each one.

Its great you mention mistakes you originally made, these can be really useful in framing the story of a persons eco-driving.

Thanks for taking the time, please feel free to share the questionnaire with your friends and family