this is how i did it - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

this is how i did it

make a 3/8 copper coil about 6 inches long and coil it around your radiator return line insulate it i used a beer coozie and metal tape and connect it to you gas line going to the injectors ..works best with fuel injection i got 62mpg in a 92 stealth r/t now everyone go save some gas if you get a huge increase like me you toss a dollar my way

chope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/compx...992&make=Dodge
EPA says 22mpg highway, 18 combined. You tripled the EPA's estimate simply by heating your fuel? I'm a bit skeptical...

Old 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

thats good i was too when i met the dude who showed me how to do it but it only takes a tiny bit of copper some compression fittings and one hour of your time..ive done many times im geting readu to put them on my 91 jeep cherokee and my 99 kia sportage..i dont have anything to gain by making a story up and havent really ever posted a message on a board about anything...but gas prices are killing everyone and i feel like it would be good to share this info with people.

ive done what i feel is my part now you guys an do what you want with it
Old 05-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/compx...992&make=Dodge
EPA says 22mpg highway, 18 combined. You tripled the EPA's estimate simply by heating your fuel? I'm a bit skeptical...

You're awfully nice.

And did you notice he posted the same message in 2 forums? Can you say SPAM?
dosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I try not to do any witch-hunting. Instead, if I have any suspicions, I only point out facts and offer any neutral opinions I might have.

In his case, I can't see that he has anything to gain; he has no links in his messages and hasn't promoted any product. Either he really believes it (possibly because it's true, or possibly for any of a million other reasons) or he's trolling for suckers to laugh at.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
Registered Member

xited about finally telling people about something i learned at eighteen and have kept it to myself for 6 years now.you guys dont think i was like "no way"
when a not so bright good ole boy i was shooting pool with told me his dad built a device that made his piece of **** nissan sentra get over 50mpg well he showed me the crude setup i laughed at it..but we kept in touch a week later he and his dad showed up with one ready to be put on my stealth for free because they were interested in what it would do on my car and boy were we shocked.but like i said in the other forum i dont like the know it all you dont know anything attitude so im just gonna go out the same way i came.
good luck to you all
Christopher wayne hope
ps sorry bout the double post keyboard is messed up
Old 05-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Registered Member

well there wasnt a double post..lol the first part was i was excited about telling people thats why i posted on two forums introduce yourself stuck out then i saw more people in the other forum
Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
Registered Member

Fuel heat has been known to give up to around 25% gains in the past. It can however mess with those "20 miles out and back" highway tests though when it's a return to tank system because gasoline expands approx 1% per degree C, so if you run it just long enough to warm a full tank of gas up by 10 degrees C, you can use a gallon and not get more than a cupful back in it at the pump.

However, when you specifically use copper tubing, and E10 fuel, a new effect may come into play, copper acts as a catalyst in the breakdown of ethanol, converting it to ketones, H2 and other stuff... this starts happening at approx 70C, so get good coolant/fuel transfer in a copper pipe and you might be cracking the ethanol into handy dandy combustion promoters.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
Registered Member

i never thought of that dont have the knowledge to think that idea up..lol
we always figured that it either vaporized or expanded it and burned all of the fuel which is why we got better emissions and less sludge and carbon build up..
but hey i dont really know how it works if thats a possibility im glad to hear it
Old 06-02-2008, 03:57 AM   #10
Registered Member

Thumbs up Dehydrogenation of ethanol via copper catalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Fuel heat has been known to give up to around 25% gains in the past. It can however mess with those "20 miles out and back" highway tests though when it's a return to tank system because gasoline expands approx 1% per degree C, so if you run it just long enough to warm a full tank of gas up by 10 degrees C, you can use a gallon and not get more than a cupful back in it at the pump.

However, when you specifically use copper tubing, and E10 fuel, a new effect may come into play, copper acts as a catalyst in the breakdown of ethanol, converting it to ketones, H2 and other stuff... this starts happening at approx 70C, so get good coolant/fuel transfer in a copper pipe and you might be cracking the ethanol into handy dandy combustion promoters.
I did a search due to your post and found that copper acts as a catalyst in the dehydrogenation of ethanol which produces (as you posted) ketones and H2. that is absoultely awesome!

heating the E10 through a copper tubing speeds up the process and the resulting byproducts is a much more potent fuel infused with H2 molecules which would burn at a higher efficiency!

I was just using a fuel heater made with brass fittings (brass does have copper but it is alloyed) and have been getting good FE from it. I will redo it as chope suggested on this thread with copper tubing!

thanks!

referene: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydrogenation
http://www.ucc.ie/academic/chem/dolc...p/ethanol.html
http://www.springerlink.com/content/xcxy403rn59jpd5f/
http://uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/handle/10012/3271