VX owners unite! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-02-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Talking VX owners unite!

There are many VX owners on these forums. Just how many are there? If you currently are the proud owner of a VX owner post what year, color and how many miles you have on your car and whether it's stock or what mods you have and some stats on your FE! Like your best tank, your best trip, your lifetime average etc. Let's see how many VX owners there are and how we're all doing!

Also maybe introduce yourself including where you are from, and maybe your story on how or why you came into owning a VX.

I guess I'll start. I'm from western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. I have long been a nut about driving for FE. I needed a "new" car and had a budget of about $2700 and the VX was the best FE car I knew about based on my research that didn't cost $23,000, much of which was done on the website www.fueleconomy.gov and I like how Hondas drive. Was lucky when the day after I posted a wanted ad for this car on craigslist someone made a posting in Western Massachusetts that they were selling theirs. What are the odds. (they hadn't seen my ad, it was just a happy cowinkydink!)

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Champlin, MN here.
1994 Civic VX originally teal colored but now Navy Blue (similar to the color on some DX models)
List of mods can be seen in my garage link under my screen name.
over 336,000 miles now on the original motor!
Bought the car for $1500 and now have under $2400 into it including purchase price.

I came across this unmolested car when I was needing a larger car than my CRX for my new family.

Here's a few pics of what it looked like when I got it and what it looks like now.
Then:

Now:

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
Registered Member

hah! wow, impressive. Even for DIY that is very little money to have invested overall.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I have a 1992 teal vx with 240,900 miles, the tranny has around 140,000 on it after the main bearing went out, new clutch at the same time as that was gone from the lack of main bearing, new rear suspention lowered the rear, so I replaced the front with adjustable coilovers to match, and most of the suspention bushings, I've also replaced the o2 sensor, the throttle body (might have just been the o2 sensor, hard to tell) am running stock size tires at 50psi, synthetic oils, grill block, removed A/C and the car has all the other bells and wissels that you could ask for likst mud flaps, side molding, sun roof, passenger side mirrer, I almost alwas have tools in my car and I can only get E10 gas around here so I feel like I'm doing ok with that extrea weight, draig, and low quality gas.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
Registered Member

I once owned a 92 VX, bought it off my little sister. Then a wolf chewed apart 90% of the interior, so I sold it as a shell to a friend for his new race chassis. My 88 HF is now powered by a d15z1 engine... though not from the same VX.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
Registered Member

Hey well I have been searching and searching for clean VX's and just about everytime I come across one it gets bought in the last second, well not this time. I finally found 1 and am purchasing it, a 1995 VX white with 96,000 miles on it, I know rare to say the least. Its white with a blue interior completely stock its only had 1 owner...I fly out tomorrow to washington dc to pick it up and then drive 14 hours back to florida. I paid 3200 for it but its the nicest one I have seen or heard of..definetly the lowest miles I have ever seen on one. I found out about the VX when searching for a reliable, low maintenance vehicle. I love hatchbacks and this one fit the bill. I have owned a 1991 civic si hatch, a 1996 civic dx hatch, and how this one a 1995 civic vx hatch.

I dont know if I plan on doing much to it besides putting a cd player in it and fixing the rip in the drivers seat bolster. Besides that just working on keeping it as clean as possible and running as best I can. I cant wait to see the MPG's. My current 1996 dx hatch is getting like 33-35 on the highway with the a/c on going 80, the only mod I have on that car is vx wheels with low rolling resistance tires.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunger View Post
I once owned a 92 VX, bought it off my little sister. Then a wolf chewed apart 90% of the interior, so I sold it as a shell to a friend for his new race chassis. My 88 HF is now powered by a d15z1 engine... though not from the same VX.
So you're getting 83mpg in a '88 HF with the VX motor? How's that tranny work with that motor? Are the gear ratios similar?

My only gripe with the VX is the damn tall first gear ratio. Makes starting in first and driving at low speeds annoying. It's actually not that bad, but on my friend Wombosi's '94 Civic DX first gear is so short you don't need to do any clutch and gas when getting going, you can pop out the clutch as soon as you give it just a little gas to get going.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #8
*shrug*

The HF tranny is actually taller than the vx tranny. Go figure. Bunger has the set up I want...
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
The HF tranny is actually taller than the vx tranny. Go figure. Bunger has the set up I want...
damn... well, the 500+lb lighter weight certainly allows for a taller tranny. Dang, tho, I am envious!! Car is prolly pretty darn fast for getting 83mpg.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
*shrug*

I've got the same transmission, it's not all that bad. Can't accelerate very much outside of 1st or 2nd though.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote