yo - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #21
Registered Member

A. Why would he need to buy a new R1?

B. So a car weighing roughly 3700lbs wet, with ~660rwhp, for a power to weight ratio of ~.18hp/lb, beat a roughly 600lb wet bike with ~135rwhp (on the low end) and a power to weight ratio of ~.23hp/lb? Sure.... Btw- I smoked an R1 the other day in my pickup from 0-40mph, it was sitting in a parking lot and I blew past it like it wasn't moving.

C. Who said he had 1000 hp?

And yes, it's safer riding in a car than a bike if you can't pull out of your driveway w/o getting in an accident. If that's the case, maybe you shouldn't be driving anything. That being said, it's much safer riding in an 80000lb semi than a 3500lb car...

Old 06-05-2007, 07:17 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
Although sometimes I spill food here.
Those poor suckers in Oman ain't got nothing on you!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #23
Registered Member

Use the search newb!

btw- It sucks that we don't have a lol gif.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #24
Supporting Member

omgwtfbyobbq -

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq View Post
Use the search newb!

btw- It sucks that we don't have a lol gif.
Clencher has access to his own. Look at some of his old posts, he uses a website/FTP/URL location for his.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
Old 06-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #25
Supporting Member

theclencher -

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
So this thread doesn't remind you of an episode of Crank Yankers? :P

Hrmmmmmmm, kooooooooo'd beeeeee. All the more reason to not get your feathers ruffled.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
Old 06-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq View Post
A. Why would he need to buy a new R1?

B. So a car weighing roughly 3700lbs wet, with ~660rwhp, for a power to weight ratio of ~.18hp/lb, beat a roughly 600lb wet bike with ~135rwhp (on the low end) and a power to weight ratio of ~.23hp/lb? Sure.... Btw- I smoked an R1 the other day in my pickup from 0-40mph, it was sitting in a parking lot and I blew past it like it wasn't moving.

C. Who said he had 1000 hp?

And yes, it's safer riding in a car than a bike if you can't pull out of your driveway w/o getting in an accident. If that's the case, maybe you shouldn't be driving anything. That being said, it's much safer riding in an 80000lb semi than a 3500lb car...

my car doesnt weigh anywhere near 3700lbs buddy. get your tree hugger *** over to ls1tech before you run your mouth about something you have no idea about. Beating a bike with a car is 100x cooler than beating a car with a bike.

and i have beaten more than a few bikes at both the track and on the highway. To those of you who gave me some positive insight, thanks.

the rest of you can **** off. reminds me of an episode of south park where every fag bought a hybrid and a cloud of "smug" covered everything.

6.4mpg, 3 speed FTL
Old 06-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGRNAUT View Post
my car doesnt weigh anywhere near 3700lbs buddy. get your tree hugger *** over to ls1tech before you run your mouth about something you have no idea about. Beating a bike with a car is 100x cooler than beating a car with a bike.
If you wanna go fast, do it how you like. If you like spending extra cash to make a larger vehicle move as fast as a smaller one, I suggest grabbing a garbage truck for your next project and laying down enough $$$ to get it as fast as your chebby. If beating a bike with a car is 100x cooler, then beating a bike with a garbage truck must be 100000000000000x cooler. Spend your $$$ on whatever you feel like and keep you bullchit to yourself boy, most of us don't care about compensating for lord knows what while padding the bank accounts of the oil industry.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #28
Supporting Member

Again I'm annoyed at the ill responses of some of the members here. I fail to understand how hazing someone over past decisions they've made will make anything better. Had you not been so harsh he might have installed a 4speed with a lockup torque converter. There are plenty of LSx cars out there that get mid 20s or better and satisfy a craving for a muscle car while not being overly harsh on the enviroment.

On the other hand I saw a prius sitting on 17-18" rims. Who is the bigger looser there? A gently driving camaro or a supposed "green" prius with $2000 worth of shoes. How about the prius owners who swap there tires for "better handling". Think of the enviromental impact.

I love muscle cars, always will, I spent saturday evening in a ragtop GT it got mileage in the low 20s and still has the stock cats. I guess that means because I used a little more gas than normal I'm personally funding the oil industry.

What about people who buy new cars. What do you need a "new" car for? Its proven that used cars make better economic sense. You could buy a used car and put the money you saved toward a solar lighting system in your home.

Running people off with harsh opinionated statements is not productive it only serves to alienate. If your goal is to change someone's mind, then at least be polite. After all MOST of us learned politeness and respect when we were 3 years old.

Everyone is not going to drive an economy car, why? Because we don't want to. But you can help them change there bad habits. Its not about what you believe they should do. I have friends that will not own a car simply because when you suffer a side impact you have double the chance of dieing. I'd rather be driving my smoke belching, turbo barking dodge, just because it was a lot more FUN. Eventually I will get another cummins or maybe even another pony car.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
Old 06-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #29
Registered Member

Well, since the OP either ignored (install a manual trans with a tall OD) or flat out ridiculed (buy a bike if similar speed and better FE are desired) the suggestions made, I ain't gonna pull any punches. In terms of funding the oil industry, unless we don't use any oil based products, we all are. But, there is a world of difference between tossing some stickier tires on a Prius that'll drop the mileage from 46mpg to 40mpg or dicking around with a muscle car that pulls 20mpg on the weekends, and having a car that pulls 6mpg. You can buy and modify a muscle car to run 7s qm's and get 3mpg, use it as a dd, and let it idle all night in your driveway if you want, but why would you come over to a forum where people are interested in maximizing FE when you evidently don't care? Other than to troll of course...
Old 06-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #30
Supporting Member

The point is to act sensibly and give people the benefit of doubt. If he really was trolling then he accomplished his goal and is now ridiculing us. How are we to know if he actually daily drives his car, he might have a beater. You don't know.

Up until the last few months this forum has been very easygoing and congenial and then a guy with a hummer shows up and ask a few ?? and gets roughed up. I think we could all stand to be gentlemen and bite the lip occasionally. I've enjoyed not seeing any of the immature peeing contest that are so prevalent in the other forums, but I guess times change.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
Closed Thread