ZX2 Front Fender Skirts Completed and Results. 3/15/07 - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
I think it was the Probe V that had the membrane.

Yeah, it's mentioned here:
http://www.scottgrundfor.com/concept/1985probe.html

Metro, thanks for the link. Do you know of any more detailed info than what is shown there?? I have searched for the last few minutes and came up with nothing. Ford.com has no info at all on the Probe concepts. Please read my reply to Toecutter about this. CO ZX2

CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:49 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaTwo
got to love the interior on that ford probe V.
muahaha

Welcome to the site CO zx2

hmmm, cardboard
I think you and metrompg share the same fetish
Appreciate the welcome.

Fetich. Is that something to eat??

Be nice to me and Metro. Some of us just don't have time to do it perfect right now.

You could have built your bumper cover in 5 minutes with free cardboard and duct tape, using none of those expensive pop rivets. By the way, I used the same Home Depot edging as you on my front.

Seriously, you are doing very well with your car. It's clean, it looks nice, it don't get soggy in the rain and you got me beat for gas mileage.

Come back soon.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:42 AM   #33
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to FormulaTwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2
Appreciate the welcome.

Be nice to me and Metro. Some of us just don't have time to do it perfect right now.

You could have built your bumper cover in 5 minutes with free cardboard and duct tape, using none of those expensive pop rivets. By the way, I used the same Home Depot edging as you on my front.

Seriously, you are doing very well with your car. It's clean, it looks nice, it don't get soggy in the rain and you got me beat for gas mileage.

Come back soon.
Yeah I completely understand where you are coming from with time. my bumper is in no way perfect. Although it came cheap, almost free. Those expensive pop rivets are available at my work, the metal came from a friend who just remodeled his house. I think the only thing i spent money on was spray paint So i dished out the big bucks on $5 high heat engine paint.

I actually did start out with cardboard on the bumper. Covering the 2 side openings, but it did not last long. I also tried coroplast.

I appreciate the comments on the egg.

As far as having you beat. I definitely think you are on the way to showing me up!

FormulaTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:18 PM   #34
Registered Member

Is it your goal to have the highest post number but with the least amount of words ?
10 posts that say the same thing , I think its spam.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #35
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
While one post would be sufficient, I must say his idea is quite crafty. I'm very glad that he's shared it with us. I estimate a 4-6% improvement from them.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:10 AM   #36
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegammyleg
Is it your goal to have the highest post number but with the least amount of words ?
10 posts that say the same thing , I think its spam.
RE: multiple posts

I am truly sorry for displaying my ignorance with these multiple posts. I am far from being as experienced as I would like to be on this subject. This thread is the first that I have ever attempted and I'm trying to learn proper procedures. But I have no excuse. I hate spam as much as anyone. Rest assured, I will not do this again. I appreciate everyone who views my posts and hope they can find a little forgiveness in their hearts.
Sincerely, CO ZX2
Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #37
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I figured you may be new to posting on the internet. It's no big deal. Just get a feel for proper internet etiquette and people will generally not insult you.

I can't wait to see if those front skirts work in real highway driving conditions, and if they do, how well they work. They look vulnerable to being torn off by your tires, but the way you set them up may help prevent this. The fact that you were able to drive around the block with them on is encouraging.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:05 PM   #38
Registered Member

Toecutter:
I drove to Denver today with abundance of twists and turns. I had one of my heavier material skirts on today. Didn't get the other one finished but needed to go for supplies. I could tell a difference right away in the coasting distance at spots I remember from previous trips. I have been that trip twice in the last 2 weeks and got MPG of 85.9 and 86.4. My car has had no substantial changes since then except the skirt. Today in town at the same spot as before ScanGauge II read 117 MPG. Sounds impossible for 1 skirt to produce that much. Even though I like it, I will have to do more testing just to be sure.

Tomorrow I may try one of the runs I did within the last few days with just the one skirt. I have fairly consistent recent averages for those runs. Then I will get the other side done and go again. It surely got me fired up to complete the other side.

Just got home. Tonight I am going to post more pics.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:59 AM   #39
Registered Member

Day 2, Front Skirts, new pics and info on Page 1 of this Thread.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:06 AM   #40
Registered Member

The Ford Probe V had an inner fender that turned with the wheel. It was this inner fender that pressed out against the flexible urethane skirt when the wheel was turned. Flexible urethane sheet is very expensive and have no idea of its durablilty in real world driving conditions.