02 WRX wagon - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Sorry, I know darn near everybody has Hondas and Metros and I'm the only Tempo guy here so I'm probably boring y'all to death.
I personally love all the different cars and stories. It is just proof that FE is for the every man and every car.

ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #12
Registered Member

Thanks gassavers.org

Well guys,
I bumped my tires to 40f, and 36r. My FE went from 24 to 27 over the combined driving.

I am impressed, I suppose I could bump the tires up more, just have to see if I can tolerate the ride.

Thanks gassavers.org

95avusblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:09 AM   #13
Registered Member

I second that motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne
I personally love all the different cars and stories. It is just proof that FE is for the every man and every car.
I just wanted to echo that sentiment. It's interesting to hear about all kinds of cars from the common ones to the Tempo/Topaz and the Celebrity. Getting the best FE from the car you have is the nub and the crux.

RH77
Old 09-15-2006, 06:23 AM   #14
Registered Member

I'm new here, so maybe I should STFU, but you have a performance car, not an FE car. I would concentrate on making the car lighter and accept the bad milage from the motor. Lighter pulleys, wheels and flywheel will increase milage and power at the wheels. Lowering the car may help FE too. STi springs work really well for the stock WRX shocks and only drop you a little. 25 isn't all that bad for an AWD sports car anyway.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:15 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolt-tsp
I'm new here, so maybe I should STFU, but you have a performance car, not an FE car. I would concentrate on making the car lighter and accept the bad milage from the motor. Lighter pulleys, wheels and flywheel will increase milage and power at the wheels. Lowering the car may help FE too. STi springs work really well for the stock WRX shocks and only drop you a little. 25 isn't all that bad for an AWD sports car anyway.
Hey jolt-tsp, its all good.
I am all too aware that its not an FE car with its desire for premium fuel, turbo, & awd. Since I drive upwards of 30,000 miles a year, comfort is a huge factor.

However, the Subie is a car i can for hours, and it doesn't beat me up . If I drive my 89 integra on the other hand, I feel beat from the engine drone, fatigued, backpain (the seats have never agreed with my back. The engine feels tached out on my commutes.

Thanks to this forum, I am headed in the right direction, maximizing the FE of what I already have.

I am keeping my options open on purchasing a car for better FE, whilst retaining comfort.

95avusblue is offline   Reply With Quote