'09 Yaris 5-door in USA! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #11
Registered Member

As a safety thing, the 5 door comes with a lot more safety features than the 3 door. The xA was replaced with the xD(has the 1.8l). The 5door yaris has curtain airbags. I think the Yaris would be the better option over the Fit but then again I'm Biased.
<<<<<

Old 09-18-2008, 05:24 AM   #12
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstb88 View Post
As a safety thing, the 5 door comes with a lot more safety features than the 3 door. The xA was replaced with the xD(has the 1.8l). The 5door yaris has curtain airbags. I think the Yaris would be the better option over the Fit but then again I'm Biased.
<<<<<
this isnt a fit vs yaris thread.

i am unbiased.

anyway. i think it was unwise for toyota to wait on sending in the 5door yaris, honda got a good 2 year head start in the market share for it.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #13
Registered Member

at the same time, toyota was one of the few to offer a 2-door hatch as they are becoming more and more rare. I think it was a gamble of where the market was going. some went 4-doors others went 2-doors. right now the 4-doors are winning out.

I like them both but the baby seat is easier to get in a 4-door. I also there are other advantages but that is the one that will affect me.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
at the same time, toyota was one of the few to offer a 2-door hatch as they are becoming more and more rare. I think it was a gamble of where the market was going. some went 4-doors others went 2-doors. right now the 4-doors are winning out.

I like them both but the baby seat is easier to get in a 4-door. I also there are other advantages but that is the one that will affect me.
I have once bought a Yaris HB for my wife. I ordered a coupe just to, amongst other reasons, save a few hundred dollars as compared to buying the 4-door version, only to discover later that the 4-door car was in actual fact less expensive in terms of insurance (I am in BC). In other words, the two extra doors can in fact pay for themselves in the long run.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #15

That's awesome it's coming. About time! MUCH better than the Xd since the Xd has a 1.8 vs the Yaris' 1.5.

Better choice IMO over the options of other 5-dr cars out there. Practical for small families.
BumblingB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #16
Registered Member

Last Corolla I owned had alignment problems when I bought it new with 6 miles on the odometer. Badly worn outside of the front tires at 13 k miles.

Took it to the dealer and they tried to tell me it was because I didn't rotate the tires every 5k miles. I told them I had not rotated or balanced the tires on my XB for 31 k miles and they took it in on trade with no complaint.

Then they charged me to rotate and balance.

After another 6k miles I checked the balance myself. The morons had balanced the front wheels and put them on the rear, but did not balance the rears when they put them on the front. Both front tires were at least 1 ounce out of balance, and the rotated rear tires were now wearing out on the outside just like the originals.

I took the car to a different dealer, whose service manager I had known for over 20 years. He put it on their alignment machine and all 4 wheels were out.
The original dealer told me they were within specs. Total toe was out at both ends, and the rear end had alignemnt problems that were soo serious they had to take the car to a frame shop to get the mounting points located properly and replace the rear axle, to get everything straight.

Toyota gave me a set of tires because all of this happened before the car reached 20 k miles.

Personally I think Toyota is getting the kind of attitude that GM had in the 60s. I have heard of other people having similar alignment problems with Corollas made in Canada. My car was purchased brand new and never had any reason for a misalignment. No one else ever drove it either.

Its one of the reasons I sold the Corolla and bought old Hondas that get better mileage. My vx averages 20 MPG better than the AT Corolla, and Toyota will not see any more business from me.

regards
gary
Old 09-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #17
Registered Member

mexico has had a 5 door Yaris since last year i think. i saw several while i was in Juarez back in aug.