101 MPG segment for ZX2 at 32 degrees. - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-18-2006, 06:27 AM   #21
Registered Member

I am looking for a used car right now. I didn't really consider the ZX2 because i thought it has a 2.0 and 130hp and a lower EPA. I figure i would only be able to get mid-30mpg with it. I guess not!

Amazing. ZX2 you are up to super-hypermiler status and you have only been here a week.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:32 AM   #22
Registered Member

What were the winds like during your run? Colorado gets pretty windy at times, and if you were driving along with a 30 mph tailwind, that would have a great effect on your mileage.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:45 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos
What were the winds like during your run? Colorado gets pretty windy at times, and if you were driving along with a 30 mph tailwind, that would have a great effect on your mileage.
Thats true. The blustery winds on Thursday gave me 46.9 mpg on the way to school, but less than 40 on the way back.

It sucks thinking that you found a more efficient route, or driving technique, only to realize it was the wind that did it
Old 11-18-2006, 07:04 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipjr
I am looking for a used car right now. I didn't really consider the ZX2 because i thought it has a 2.0 and 130hp and a lower EPA. I figure i would only be able to get mid-30mpg with it. I guess not!

Amazing. ZX2 you are up to super-hypermiler status and you have only been here a week.
Thanks for the comments. I may have only been here a week but I've been around cars all my life. An ex-drag racer and a race engine builder for 30 yrs.

As I have said before we have gotten 40-43 MPG with this car ever since we bought it. I am impressed with the variable valve timing. Enables low end torque along with high RPM performance. I am positive that this feature contributes very positively to the FE of the car.

I would try to find a 5 speed if I were you.
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:52 AM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos
Good to hear from you. I have read many of your posts with great interest. A man after my own heart making do with what is at hand.

I did include the local weather conditions at the bottom of the SG2 report.

No I did not have substantial winds. Noticed some slight side wind. All in all relatively quiet. I have been around long enough to realize the importance of major factors that affect testing. I have tried to be as straightforward and honest as I know how. I would not post test results I knew were tainted.

Did you read my post on Daily FE updates of the 103 MPG run that I made the day before this one (11/16/06). I would have to be some sort of magician to manipulate the wind in totally different directions 2 days in a row.

I am disheartened when I hear negative insinuations but I really can't fault anyone for doubting the validity of these 2 runs. Sometimes I can hardly believe what I am seeing with this car myself. FYI I have made a number of runs with better MPG than these 2 runs that were never posted.

Come back soon.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:05 AM   #26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN_EJ8
Thats true. The blustery winds on Thursday gave me 46.9 mpg on the way to school, but less than 40 on the way back.

It sucks thinking that you found a more efficient route, or driving technique, only to realize it was the wind that did it
Please read my reply to basjoos. It about says it all for me. I resent my integrity being questioned by persons that have no basis for their statements.

I hope to just be a good member of GasSavers helping anyone I can.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #27
*shrug*

[QUOTE=CO ZX2]Seems I have read statements similar to yours somewhere recently. Maybe in news reports about the guys that got 109 MPG-1400 mi tank with a Prius.[\quote]

:Thumbup: for dan, I miss him,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2
Thanks for the comments. I may have only been here a week but I've been around cars all my life. An ex-drag racer and a race engine builder for 30 yrs.

As I have said before we have gotten 40-43 MPG with this car ever since we bought it. I am impressed with the variable valve timing. Enables low end torque along with high RPM performance. I am positive that this feature contributes very positively to the FE of the car.

I would try to find a 5 speed if I were you.
seeing what you have been doing with the 5 speed make me think i should have waited and found one instead of the auto i got. oh well guess i'll just have to do what i can with it.

most of my driving is short trips to work and to town and take almost halfway which is about 2 miles for engine to be fully warmedup (180+ coolant temps) i have found torque converter lockup at 42 mph and once locked i can go down below 40 mph but soon as i back off gas fully it unlocks on me.

LxMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2
The a was for amazing. I thought you used the word amazing in one of your messages to me.

Preachers usually preach sermons in church.

I felt I might have got a little carried away with my advice giving.

I was showing my wife your post on gas mileage freaks. She got a good laugh out of some because she knew they applied to me.

Have you seen this? My 103 MPG run on 11/16/06?? http://www.gassavers.org/showthread....2737#post32737

We're still cool. I'm just a little frustratrated because of the belly pan and I still don't know how to drive the clutch. Looking at your gas logs gives me hopes because my car is suppose to be more ecoomical than yours stock vs. stock so it would be really interesting what I can get if I drove the car right and had aero mods.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #30
Registered Member

holy ****... 98% of epa... that's overkill..... congrats dude!