109 MPG ZX2 gettin' the hang of it - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Was this report interesting to you?
YES 9 81.82%
NO 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #31
Registered Member

CO ZX2: I don't wish to be impertinent, but I am wondering how comfortable you are that your scangauge is calibrated correctly. I didn't see any fill up's in the garage, since you got the scangauge and the mileage your quoting on your posts seem pretty unrealistically high, even given all of your mod's. Would you please double check your mileage, against your actual fuel use?

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #32
FE nut

Counting his first tank with the SG2, I see 8 different fill-ups.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Palmer
CO ZX2: I don't wish to be impertinent, but I am wondering how comfortable you are that your scangauge is calibrated correctly. I didn't see any fill up's in the garage, since you got the scangauge and the mileage your quoting on your posts seem pretty unrealistically high, even given all of your mod's. Would you please double check your mileage, against your actual fuel use?
Gary, all my fillups are listed in my Gaslog not my Garage. I have many fillups since I started using SG II. And many fillups before SG. One of the main reasons I bought a SG was because of inconsistencies in pumps, etc. SG picks up the injector pulse and measures the fuel usage.

I have used mile markers to check my speedo accuracy. Within the last 3 days I used Google Earth to plot 2 of the runs I have posted here. Each of these plots show slightly more mileage than SG II or my speedo show. SG shows less miles travelled than my speedo(about 1 per cent).

I do not use any correction factor for SG II. I use the lesser miles the SG registers to figure my mileage. I have stock size tires and gearing in my car so do not have to adjust for that.

In my gas log is listed actual fuel used since 9/27/06. I currently have averaged 55.77 MPG for those fills.
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #34
Registered Member

Thanks for the information. One of the things I was looking at was the last fill up noted in the gas log was 11/21/06 and the high mileage you are reporting seems to have been since then. If it is correlating closely, to your fill up's, then your modifications to your driving style and the aerodynamics of your car are commendable.
Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Palmer
Thanks for the information. One of the things I was looking at was the last fill up noted in the gas log was 11/21/06 and the high mileage you are reporting seems to have been since then. If it is correlating closely, to your fill up's, then your modifications to your driving style and the aerodynamics of your car are commendable.
Gary, The mileage reported at the top of this thread have the dates of the runs with the specifics of each run. All the runs reported were made on or before 11/21/06.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #36
ELF
Registered Member

CO ZX2, what did you use for your Flexible air dam in the front of your car? And how much did it help?
Old 01-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #37
Registered Member

Air dam.

ELF. I used lawn edging from Home Depot, $7.95 for 20 ft. roll.

I had used more solid plastic before that was too low and I actually broke it on dips in city streets. The dam I have now matches height with the lowest underside of my car and is soft enough to absorb some punishment. I did have a substantial improvement with both dams I have used.

I had plans for a belly pan but now I am not sure at all I need it that bad.

If I were you I would be covering both the large openings on the front of your car. It will make an improvement for you and you will not have to worry about cooling especially in the winter. Mine is totally blocked summer and winter with no problems. In fact, for winter I have additional blocking at the radiator and below the engine compartment.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #38
ELF
Registered Member

Ya, I'm working on something to cover the lower part right now. I was thinking belly pan too but, a peek under the car shows it wouldn't do much good.
My bumper cover wraps around underneath all the way to the rad. then there is a metal plate that extends back to the engine, the whole underside of the car is flat, nothing hanging down, not even the exhaust or rear axle. ford did a pretty good job on the underside of these cars.
Thanks for the advise, I'll be heading to home depot to get some lawn edging.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #39
Supporting Member

you should make a hypermilling class to help everyone because that is amazing. Sighn me up first!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #40
Supporting Member

Hockey4mnhs -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
you should make a hypermilling class to help everyone because that is amazing. Sighn me up first!
Come Join the COlorado HyperMiling League of Extraordinay MPG!!!!

Workshops in the Rockies!

Or maybe sell videos!

Paid Television Advertisments!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote