2 year VX motor migraine! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question 2 year VX motor migraine!

Today when I was looking for info I found one of my distressed posts from more than a year ago!
The story is I put a JDM VTEC-E motor in my CX, then I put in the P07 ECU, EGR valve, VX exhaust manifold, 5 wire 02 sensor, then "Altec" (a knowledgeable Honda shop in Toronto), wired everything up, but still after about 30 seconds the engine light would come on, code 48 was the code that came up. He got frustrated and gave up, so I've been driving it with the engine light coming on for almost 2 years now, and my gas mileage is worse than with the original CX motor. A month ago I got the firewall black plastic box off Ebay with the EGR control solenoid valve and vacuum control valve, I've got the tubes put on correctly except that I can't find the spot on the intake to put the tube coming from the vacuum control valve, (wrong intake?), don't know what to do about that. The orange/blue wire coming from the solenoid I've put in the last spot on the P07 ECU plugs, (D22), with a green and white stock wire and another that was put in by "Altec". The black/yellow wire is put on the 15 amp ACG fuse. Can anyone tell me what is still wrong?, causing the engine light to come on? I did disconect the battery every time to clear it.

briogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

Every picture tells a story...don't it?

I've included some pictures to show how I hooked up the vacuum tubes, and to make sure I've got the right EGR, Vtec solenoid, etc., please let me know if something's not right. Because I couldn't find an intake location for the vacuum control valve tube I put it on the tube where the gas canister tube was and connected that to the part in the first picture, (far side).
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
Registered Member

vx

I also have jdm-vtec e motor i put into my del sol. I purchased a p07 ecu for the motor as well as a new throttle body with an egr valve...The egr vacuum box i took out of a accord since there are identical to the vx motor...I also purchased the 5 wire o2 sensor....Do you have any pictures of the wiring they did at the ecu..?? What kind of o2 sensor are you using??.. and are you having any exhaust leaks near the o2 sensor...It may be a bad connection on the ecu harness where it connects to the engine harness by the battery.. send pics if you can
cascanjep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

The 5 wire O2 sensor is very sensitive to good ground!! I made a ground strap out of copper braided strap that connects the manifold directly to the nearby body ground that comes off the front of the head. I also cleaned and de-rusted all of the contact points including the area under the O2 sensor. try that
Old 09-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascanjep View Post
The 5 wire O2 sensor is very sensitive to good ground!! I made a ground strap out of copper braided strap that connects the manifold directly to the nearby body ground that comes off the front of the head. I also cleaned and de-rusted all of the contact points including the area under the O2 sensor. try that
Thanks for your reply, I just bought a new ground strap, didn't pay any attention to where the 02 sensor faces with the manifold, but I can clean that up.
Going over the wiring I found something strange with my 02 sensor wires. I noticed that my NTK 5 wire 02 sensor, labelled 24300 & A7B4B1, on a white sticker on the box. On the actual sensor; LZA09-E1 with "NTK Japan" below it, and on one of the 6 faces for the wrench it's marked "1T51", the wires coming out of it are, (at the plug), right to left; blue, yellow, with grey below, white, black. From what I've seen this is different from the; NCA(?), white, red, white, black, orange, yellow, wire colours I saw for this sensor on another site. One of the big problems is that the guy who tried to wire in the 02 & EGR, ran wires that weren't color coded so I have to go through them with a circuit tester, to see if it's right or not. I'm not confident with that so I'll get a buddy to help me.
And so the journey continues!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
Registered Member

Let me know how things are going with it.. Im also experiencing check engine light because i have not hooked up my 5 wire o2 sensor just yet.. Im building a wiring harness for it..