92 Civic VX Spark Plug Fouling? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #31
Registered Member

Appreciate the good info. Oil consumption is about one quart between oil changes. How hard/easily do the fuel injectors come out? Do I need any sort of special tool to get them out and/or in?

I also noticed that my spool valve gasket was leaking pretty good so went ahead and replaced it. The little screen was pretty well clogged. Not sure if this has anything to do with the current issues, but sure it will help somewhere.

cmlamb2vx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlamb2vx View Post
How hard/easily do the fuel injectors come out? Do I need any sort of special tool to get them out and/or in?
A 12mm socket on an extension and a small screwdriver or a multimeter probe or something to release the spring clip on the injectors' electrical connectors.
There's a good chance the old injector seals will leak after moving things around, so you might want to get 4 sets of seals before messing with them. There's an O-ring that keeps the fuel contained in the rail, a rubber damper on the outside between the injector body and fuel rail, and a rubber seal inserted in the intake manifold port to maintain vacuum. Only the O-ring is really necessary, but the other two wouldn't hurt if you like replacing seals.

GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 AM   #33
Registered Member

Well, the new Honda OEM tstat seems to be working much better at getting the car up to temp and keeping it there. It does get much hotter than my previous aftermarket tstat was allowing. Gas mileage on the last tank was 42.3 with almost all short distance, city driving which I guess is not too bad.

Will the car run hotter or colder in lean burn mode vs when the Vtec kicks in? Just wondering.

cmlamb2vx is offline   Reply With Quote