A side project I am working on... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #1

A side project I am working on...

I have been working on a detailed Excel sheet layout, with calculations for many different options. Once I get this more finished I can make it available for those that may want to import data from here and be able to do more with the information.

It should be pointed out, that this is by NO means meant to take away from here! Just a way to get more out of your entries, track more info, and provide nearly all the calculations for you. As it is now, I update this site with my 3 vehicles every single time I fillup, but I also use my own spreadsheet.

Its a work in progress yet. There are a lot of calculations going, and I keep revamping and trimming so it takes some work. Once I finalize the import setup, auto calc setup, and some walk through VB scripts I will put up a trial version or two within the next month. (I work on it in my spare time) At the moment this is done in US measurements only, though I use KM and L conversions for my Canada version Caravan.

Here is a screenshot of the totals page, which gives me some useful info:

http://art.cariboucomputers.com/beretta/mpgcalc.jpg

All figures in red are calculated. Data is pulled from other sheets, each with their own vehicle track. They are then totaled and shown here. Each vehicle page has a summary section similar to this.

Any interest, let me know. If you have something similar you wish to share or offer suggestions of things to add, by all means do so!

Thanks!

DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #2

OK, an update. I have been doing more tweaks to the individual car pages. What I really need is an export with 50 or more fillups listed, so that I can put this to the test. Anyone have one that can share it? Just need to export your vehicle info to a CSV file then host it. Or message me, I can send you an email to send it to. Totally voluntary and will only be used to test my import setup.

I have also added the ability to directly calculate the partial fill-ups along with the immediate next full tank! And it can do this for up to 10 partial fillups in a row.

Let me know if any of you can help me test it.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #3

Ok, new update!

I have put together a test version of the sheet.

Requirements at this time:

Excel 2007.

Setup for US measurements. Metric/UK etc may come later depending on how this goes.

There are instructions included for doing your importing from here, as well as an example page of what it should look like after being imported. Problems or questions please contact me. I would like to see what others think of it, and any suggestions or changes would be welcome.

Thanks.

You can download the zip of the file here:

http://art.cariboucomputers.com/beretta/fuelsheet.zip

Again, problems, questions, let me know.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #4

Also at this time it is based on Odometer readings, NOT trip. But I plan to change this in a future version.