Acura MDX - suprised I got 26 mpg out of it on the drive back - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

Acura MDX - suprised I got 26 mpg out of it on the drive back

Bleh, its 5 in the morning, and I just dropped off my parents at the airport...they drove there, I drove the car back (they decided to go on a cruise... ). I'm just happy to report that I was able to get 26 mpg outta that thing - sure, it was mostly highway miles, but just driving along in 5th gear and half of the drive drafting another SUV, its not bad, I guess.

I just wish I could have convinced them to just take the civic, as their two suitcases would have fit...I guess I'll pick them up in that, just for them to realize that I did and to see the on their faces.

And now, I've had two hours of sleep, back to sleep before I have to go to work at 8am. Sorry if this didn't make any sense, I'm tired.

I guess I'm just suprised by 26 mpg, when my civic has been getting 30 for the past few weeks because of the very short trips ( < 5 miles) and it taking about a mile or two to warm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
P.S. I must be a wierdo as I think just because a guy can afford to do something, doesn't mean he should. I can afford to buy 100 gallons of gas several times a month, pour it on the ground, light it (or not)... but I don't think I should.
GasSavers_Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pyramid_head
That's a pretty impressive result you have there considering the mpg rating on that 300hp suv is 15/20. Keep those numbers climbing!

Old 12-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

I'm not really planning on keeping it rising on the SUV, as I'll leave it for my parents to drive - too wide/high/big/heavy for me. On the other hand, the 300 hp is nice...

I'll stick to my civic...for another year or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
P.S. I must be a wierdo as I think just because a guy can afford to do something, doesn't mean he should. I can afford to buy 100 gallons of gas several times a month, pour it on the ground, light it (or not)... but I don't think I should.
GasSavers_Minger is offline   Reply With Quote