aero turbine performance exhaust - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

aero turbine performance exhaust

Has anyone herd of these? I stumbled upon these while searching the net one day and it seems legit. There could def be some extra fuel savings here guys...

check out the video clip:
http://www.aeroexhaust.com/aero_perf...e_exhaust.html

Old 07-03-2008, 02:55 AM   #2
Registered Member

Sounds convincing, muffler design has been stuck in perforated can, or helmholtz resonator mode for years, which if you get a well matched one, it can do wonders.

However, they could just be on a "Design a better fart can and the ricers will beat a path to my door" kick, but $123 on sale sounds fairly decent for an SS muffler.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hang on a second... these sound like just a spiral path helmholtz type thing.... only I guess the path length is a little longer with the spiral, and I guess instead of doing a right angle split the aerofoil thing is more efficient...
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #4
Registered Member

they seem convincing enough to me. you can even get their sedan version for 89.00 and it comes with a lifetime guarantee. The thing is all stainless steel so it should hold up.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
Registered Member

The website is down, I found this patent for a true noise cancelling vortex silencer.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7073626.html

A muffler of this type manages without the use of sound-absorbing material. Neither lining pads on the inner walls of the housing nor insulating elements consisting of sound-absorbing material between the deflecting elements are required. Just deflecting the flow with the aid of the guiding elements in the manner of guide vanes causes sound to be absorbed, in which case sound vibrations cancel one another out. This is achieved especially by different setting angles, in particular if the guiding elements of adjacent, disk-shaped bodies are in each case preferably angled in an opposite direction to one another.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #6
Registered Member

That looks restrictive, but if it really cancels noise, it would be worth it for most. Flowmaster has done alot of research on this, and IMO, make the best muffler.

fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote