Americans united fo fuel price control - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs up Americans united fo fuel price control

I stumbled across an interesting website. www.auffpc.com The Pac is planning on having a massive mailing to Wahington with a twist. They want for every member to mail an identical letter with one tea bag included in the envelope. They are calling it the Washington Tea Party.

This is by far the most interesting plan of action that I have heard in a while. I cant wait to be apart of something that could be the turning factor of our economy. If you have a minute check out thier site.

www.auffpc.com

concernedperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Registered Member

I think this is something hummer owners would really like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
I stumbled across an interesting website. www.auffpc.com The Pac is planning on having a massive mailing to Wahington with a twist. They want for every member to mail an identical letter with one tea bag included in the envelope. They are calling it the Washington Tea Party.

This is by far the most interesting plan of action that I have heard in a while. I cant wait to be apart of something that could be the turning factor of our economy. If you have a minute check out thier site.

www.auffpc.com

mini-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Registered Member

Good luck with that!
palemelanesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-e View Post
I think this is something hummer owners would really like!
I don't think these strategies will make much difference. With a democraitc majority in congress they live and die by the latest polls. With about 75% of the population being for expanding our domestic sources it won't be long until they change their minds about it. They don't want to risk loosing the presidential election this fall.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
Registered Member

Been There, Done That

In 1974 Nixon imposed price controls. Within a week we had shortages and gas lines.

That old supply and demand thing.

We have learned something from that...I hope.
4 inch suspension slam
Aero mods: "Fastback" fairing and rugged air dam and side skirts
Stock MPG: 19
Summer MPG: 27.0
Winter MPG: 24
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
Registered Member

The site emailed me and apologized that their contribute page was down. They told me to keep checking and that it should be up by tomorrow.
concernedperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
Registered Member

Supply vs demand. *****ing about it doesn't do much good. Sell the SUV, and get a car, now if we could get millions of Americans to do that, we would use billions less per year. That would make a difference. Sorry, just venting!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
Registered Member

There's not much point in sending tea bags if you're going to vote the rascals back into office. Only one political party has pursued a 30 year policy of national energy suicide. I'll let y'all figure out which one. If you vote for them, they'll drink the tea, tax you for more, and keep right on stonewalling any domestic energy development. The choice is yours.
lowbridescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
slurp812...Supply vs demand. *****ing about it doesn't do much good. Sell the SUV, and get a car, now if we could get millions of Americans to do that, we would use billions less per year. That would make a difference. Sorry, just venting!
What he said.

Quote:
lowbridescape...There's not much point in sending tea bags if you're going to vote the rascals back into office. Only one political party has pursued a 30 year policy of national energy suicide. I'll let y'all figure out which one. If you vote for them, they'll drink the tea, tax you for more, and keep right on stonewalling any domestic energy development. The choice is yours.
That same party was the one which promoted conservation, development of renewable energy, and development of shale oil. The other party's solution is war, spending billions so the first party has to tax more just to pay off the debt the second party's run up.

Frankly, I don't think sending tea bags is going to do much except make Lipton and Celestial Seasonings (and the folks at auffpc.com...notice it is a dot com, not a dot org) more money. If you're going to buy the tea, drink it yourself, read the other posts here and cut your fuel bill by driving sensibly, not by loading up your congressman's mailbox, regardless of what you think of him. If you don't like what he is doing, vote against him. (That's what I'm doing...) That will do more for gas prices than anything else. And it doesn't cost you $30. Unless you buy $30 worth of tea. (I'd rather drink beer, but that's just me...)

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #10
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
There actually is no lack of supply. We have lots of oil fields within our borders not to mention other sources of oil. Oil prices are artificially high for two reasons. One, the middle east hates us and doesn't feel like giving us special prices anymore. And two, the oil companies are making a killing.

They'll never lower the price back down significantly. They only have to bring it down 25c and we'll all be happy.

It makes absolutely no business sense for them to lower prices. High prices have hardly even begun to affect demand. The only thing that will work is regulation. Not quite price fixing, but regulation ie breaking up monopolies. The most extreme thing I would support is having a government owned company to compete with the private oil companies.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote