Anyone ask to buy your ride lately? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

Anyone ask to buy your ride lately?

I've had people ask if Jelly Bean was for sale before, in gas stations. Usually right after they were told what kind of mileage it got. One of the post here was on bumper stickers, decided to go with one that says- (60mph how abut you). I had hoped people would cut me some slack with it. Well today coming home on the E-way a Civic pulled along side and asked if I'd sell my car at 55MPH! told him no, so then he wanted to know all about the car at 55MPH! Told him we were lining up angry drivers as he was in the passing lane! Not what I intended by my new sticker.
Has anyone else had experinces with you rides?

minic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
Registered Member

I haven't had any want to buy it, but it is surprising how many people who are even knowledgable about cars do not seem to realize how FE the Metros, CRX's and Civic VX's were. Then they seem to understand why I drive it.

mrmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Strange? I have never had anyone inquire about the HX. My cousin's girlfriend did ask why my paint was so ugly once....after I told her it was primer and explained the purpose of primer she asked when I was going to have it painted... That 'bout sums up other people being interested in my car...
kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Registered Member

I got flipped of in the bunny several times.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
*shrug*

No one has asked about the Rex, but then when do I talk to randos?

I always ask when I meet a Metro, just in case it's dirty cheap/free or I can post it up here for someone.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
Supporting Member

No offers, but I did add another FE-related sticker to my car, in addition to my gassavers.org sticker...

http://www.cafepress.com/hypermiling.116776987

I'll see if I get any comments at the local watering hole aka gas station in a couple weeks when I fill up.

I told a friend at work about it. He asked if the weight of the sticker would hurt FE. We both got a good laugh about that. I told him tuners claim to get extra HP with stickers.
davidjh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
Registered Member

I had someone knock on the door once asking if either the Blackfly or the blue ForkenSwift car was for sale (before we started converting it). At the EV Expo in Ottawa, several people asked if the FS was for sale or if we would build them one. (No & no.)
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbyobbq View Post
I got flipped of in the bunny several times.
Were you parked in the highway? or did you get it running?
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #9
Registered Member

lol not really i just notice people agout strangling themselfves tryint to turn around and look at my car in thier seat... some guy was like halfway out of his window lookin at it! well to be fair everyone used to own or knew someone that owned a chevette at one time in thier life...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #10
Driving on E

I've had a total of 5 people want to buy my honda n600. The weirdest was when I received a knock on the door by a stranger driving by. I said no, and them showed him my honda tattoo.

I have a feeling that the requests will continue, especially with these gas prices.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote