Bad driving... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Bad driving...

SO friday, I got up late, and dragged my *** before I left the house. SO on my way to work, I thought 60mph is not going to cut it today, so I tromped it and was running 80-90 mph most of the way on the interstate. I felt good, and yet a little guilty as well. It was a 13 mile leg of my commute all highway, so maybe I made up 3-5 minutes. Oh well. On the way home, it was 60mph max speed again...

Old 08-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
Supporting Member

Oh well... I used to have a 94 ex-l similar to yours. Very nice car. Don't wreck it like I did, or rather like the school bus did. I should have made them give the school bus a ticket but I didn't know better. Now my insurance is high because the insurance decided it was my fault even though the report claimed none at fault $13,000 wreck according to the insurance company, and they only paid 6 for my car(totalled). The bus was barely scratched. Bastard turned in front of me while I was passing him in a passing zone and he had no turn signal on. That car begs to be driven faster though... not quite like an integra does, but still ultra nice, beautiful car. It goes 130-140 I think, I only know it goes past what it says.

my favorite thread
88HF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to baddog671
Lol, conservation is still second nature to me, I have to constently think "Dont push the pedle."

88, that sucks, but how fast do you think it topped out at? I had my 98Mustang to 120 before the governer started shutting everything down...
Old 08-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
Supporting Member

There is a VERY DEFINATE cylinder cut-out when you go too far over the red-line, but that never happened at top-speed... I believe it may have been limited at or near 135-140 or maybe it just didn't have any more power to proceed beyond that. Not sure... but if the speedo says 130 it was more than that. I believe it have a final number then maybe another 5mph worth of marks and it would still go beyond it. I know what you mean about second nature. I was late for a wedding today, took the truck, hauling *** and I still cut off the engine as soon as I saw a red light. My g/f b*tched cause the a/c was off... so then I just took it easy on the gas and left the truck on. It becomes habit.

my favorite thread
Old 08-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
Supporting Member

my friend and i went 140 in his mustang with way more room to go. We were on our way back from lunch to school and could not be late! I have some 90 plus runs on some of the tanks in my gaslog so you should be fine. Post it and tell us what it droped your tank to.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
Registered Member

lol, 2 friends and myself were in the car driving on the PA turnpike (BAD BAD place for cops) and its all straight flat road. I glanced down and noticed I was doing 100mph, didnt even realize it. So I pushed it to the floor and it started bouncing off the governer at 120. Soon as it slowed back down it slammed right into it again, so it definitly wanted to scoot some more.

Not bad for a v6 I thought:P
Old 08-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
Supporting Member

94-95 accord has a 2.2 liter 4 cyl. The V6 model didn't have vtec. So we're talking about the 4 cyl cause thats what slurp has, as did I. I have no idea what the V6 was like, it didn't have the wilder fuel eating cam lobes of vtec. More torque I'm sure.

my favorite thread
Old 08-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurp812 View Post
SO friday, I got up late, and dragged my *** before I left the house. SO on my way to work, I thought 60mph is not going to cut it today, so I tromped it and was running 80-90 mph most of the way on the interstate. I felt good, and yet a little guilty as well. It was a 13 mile leg of my commute all highway, so maybe I made up 3-5 minutes. Oh well. On the way home, it was 60mph max speed again...
I think "in the real world" that most of us have to push it from time to time. I know I'm having a hard time keeping from buying the supercharger set up that GM has for my car, or at least installing one of the N20 set ups I have sitting around...

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
Registered Member

Lol, I know how you feel Bob. I've been keeping an eye on a new differential for my other Mustang but I dunno if I wanna drop 2k on it. Mighty tempting...Hmm, maybe if I get 100mpg it'll compensate the 2k and I'll walk away even
Old 08-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #10
Supporting Member

88HF -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88HF View Post
There is a VERY DEFINATE cylinder cut-out when you go too far over the red-line, but that never happened at top-speed... I believe it may have been limited at or near 135-140 or maybe it just didn't have any more power to proceed beyond that. Not sure... but if the speedo says 130 it was more than that. I believe it have a final number then maybe another 5mph worth of marks and it would still go beyond it. I know what you mean about second nature. I was late for a wedding today, took the truck, hauling *** and I still cut off the engine as soon as I saw a red light. My g/f b*tched cause the a/c was off... so then I just took it easy on the gas and left the truck on. It becomes habit.
Cylinder cut-out, as in ECU/PCM activated fuel injector cutoff perhaps?

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote