Bad Gas...oline - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #11
Registered Member

There is some contaminated gas, my cousin had gotten some gas with diesel mixed with it. But my main concern for going to some of the non-brand name places is their business amount. Some call it old gas, but gas is lighter than water thus the gas moves to the top and you suck up 3 gallons of water then top your tank off with gas. This happens because the station does not recieve enough business to keep it at a proper mixture. Water accumulates in the tank due to it being underground and the tank "sweats" the water inside. So i scope out all the stations and go only to the busiest and the ones that dont have security bars on the windows(it shows they have been robbed at one point)

Old 03-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
Registered Member

Cheapest Here

The cheapest around here is "Quiktrip", which actually is a Tier-I brand. The convenience store has a local distribution center, which I tend to support for local employment -- and the fuel comes from Oklahoma. Seems to be a good company, and cheap to boot (for a fuel supplier).

RH77

Old 03-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #13
Registered Member

All of the gasoline in this area comes from the Colonial Pipeline. The only difference between brands is that some brands (like Chevron) add some of their own additives to the gas after it gets loaded onto the tanker trunk. Of course, maintenance of the in-ground tanks and pumps (chance of getting water in the gas) can vary from station to station.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #14
Registered Member

all i have around me is ethonal pumps (the E10) truck and 27 year old chevette run great on it. prolly a contributing factor because ethonal burns quicker thus less MPG but its also cheaper. thats why they say E85 its alot cheaper but you should see less mpg out of it, but it burns cleaner so ehh kind of an even trade i guess...
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #15
Registered Member

I have a few gallons of gas in a gas can; it's several years old. What's the best way to get rid of it?

Most guys would just put it in a coffee can and throw a lit match at it, but that's gotta be terrible for emissions.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #16
Registered Member

Or you could try walmart and see if they will let you throw it in with the used oil. I done that here no problem.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #17
Registered Member

I get my gas at walmart. It's about 10- 15 cents cheaper than any other place. It's insanely busy there. I almost always have to wait for a pump, but it's worth the wait. A lot of people say the gas is watered down, but I've never noticed any problems with my car.

atomicradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #18
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicradish View Post
A lot of people say the gas is watered down...
Out of curiosity... what would one "water down" gasoline with?

I get my gas from Murphy Oil which, apparently, technically isn't owned by Walmart - but leases land from Walmart stores. They offer discounts if you have a Sams or Walmart CC.... Lucky for me, there's a "UCF Discount" too -- just ask for it at the station near UCF and they take 3 cents off/gallon (4 fill ups and I've bought myself a soda )

I have never noticed a difference.... But I try to go to the same station, use the same pump and fill up exactly the same way every time

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:44 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
Out of curiosity... what would one "water down" gasoline with?
The only think I can think of is ethanol...
Old 05-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
I have a few gallons of gas in a gas can; it's several years old. What's the best way to get rid of it?

Most guys would just put it in a coffee can and throw a lit match at it, but that's gotta be terrible for emissions.
no use it as weed killer. (it also takes paint off stuff) we use old gas as weed killer for our gravel driveway

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote